Jump to content

new Revell B-29..release date??


Recommended Posts

Has anyone heard any more info on the new Revell B-29's release date. It was originally marked as "late 2020" and I have heard nothing since. I have this on my buy list and I was wondering if anyone has heard anyhting..

 

 Sean

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hemspilot said:

That's the ol' Monogram with photoetch?

 

3 minutes ago, echolmberg said:

Is this going to be the original kit but with added photo-etch parts?

 

 that is my understanding. Things have been quiet after the initial info..it was announced at...Nuremberg toy fair I want to say, but there has been very little info other than the picture. You can see the photoetch at the bottom..seems pretty comprehensive. Worried about price..although the older monogram boxings are going from $250-$600 right now.

755-3850.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone paying that much is nuts, I routinely see these selling on FB for $50-$75. Where are you seeing $250+? Other than from sellers who are asking that price (doesn’t mean they are getting it)

 

Completed sales on EBay shows the same price range I mentioned and actually a few that sold for even less than $50.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Charlie D. said:

Anyone paying that much is nuts, I routinely see these selling on FB for $50-$75. Where are you seeing $250+? Other than from sellers who are asking that price (doesn’t mean they are getting it)

 

Completed sales on EBay shows the same price range I mentioned and actually a few that sold for even less than $50.

$USD...thats $75-100 CDN plus shipping a huge box. almost $200. There was one going a few years ago at the LHS and they wanted $165.

 

 Sean

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, martin_sam_2000 said:

 

 

 that is my understanding. Things have been quiet after the initial info..it was announced at...Nuremberg toy fair I want to say, but there has been very little info other than the picture. You can see the photoetch at the bottom..seems pretty comprehensive. Worried about price..although the older monogram boxings are going from $250-$600 right now.

755-3850.jpg


Picture isn’t visible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:


Picture isn’t visible.

Well..while I was trying to find a version of that picture I may have answered my own question. This site https://www.kitreviewsonline.de/revell-neuheiten-2020/ claims a Sept 2020 release. Guess we will wait and see. 
 

sean

Link to post
Share on other sites

After having built a couple -29s in my teen years back in the '80s, I wanted to try my hand at building one now.  As others mentioned, I would often see them for sale on eBay and other places for close to the $90-$100 range and even a little north of that.  Patience can really pay off sometimes, because I waited and waited and finally snagged one for about $45 SHIPPED!  I'm still in shock about it to this day.

As for the photoetch parts, if that's your thing, then I say go for it.  Just know that once you close up the fuselage halves, you can't see anything behind the pilots' bulkhead.  It would be nice if maybe you got some fiddly details in the bomb bay areas.  That area could use a little spicing up and you could at least see the details if you hung the completed model from your ceiling.

 

Eric

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, echolmberg said:

After having built a couple -29s in my teen years back in the '80s, I wanted to try my hand at building one now.  As others mentioned, I would often see them for sale on eBay and other places for close to the $90-$100 range and even a little north of that.  Patience can really pay off sometimes, because I waited and waited and finally snagged one for about $45 SHIPPED!  I'm still in shock about it to this day.

As for the photoetch parts, if that's your thing, then I say go for it.  Just know that once you close up the fuselage halves, you can't see anything behind the pilots' bulkhead.  It would be nice if maybe you got some fiddly details in the bomb bay areas.  That area could use a little spicing up and you could at least see the details if you hung the completed model from your ceiling.

 

Eric

I have a set of the Illiad camo B-29 and I just need a model to build them with!! 

 

 The way I look at it, If I am going to be spending $150-200 on a kit over ebay or something, I might as well buy the new one with photoetch and what not. Cheapest I could find was about $75 with $75 shipping..for a 40 year old box and who knows what missing from it.

 

 Sean

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish they'd retool the fuselage molds for a proper "Silverplate" B-29 😕

When Revell rereleased it with "ENOLA GAY" on the box art, I assumed they might have...at the 2016 Nats I asked the rep at the table if they had and he didn't know what I was talking about, understandable. So I asked, hey ,lets open it up and take a look! But he refused to open the box on display...way to promote your product , bud.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So these new platinum kits add a few pieces of etch and charge more? I wouldn't mind if they did what the promodeller boxing used to do and give us better decals, flight crews, etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I am lucky and got my B-29 last year at a show up here in Canada. Paid $50 CDN for it. It was started, sort of. Pieces were cut off the sprue and taped together. The tape did leave residue though so will have to clean that off. No biggie.

I know there are several detail sets for it but to tell the truth I think I will just build the darn thing. Maybe engine change? Not sure yet. I think it is impressive enough without all the add ons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to see these kits at Hobby Lobby all the time.  With a coupon they were under $30.  Always passed on them because I had no room to display a kit that big.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/12/2020 at 8:51 PM, habu2 said:

I used to see these kits at Hobby Lobby all the time.  With a coupon they were under $30.  Always passed on them because I had no room to display a kit that big.

 

Could not resist last time I saw one there.  Still in my stash.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...