KH MiG-25PU Build Review Video - The final chapter!

All the cool kids are doing it so I've started a build review of Kitty Hawk's MiG-25PU. Please give it a look and let me know what you think - leave me a comment and let me know what could be better or what you liked.

https://youtu.be/y0QyTGE3-To

Thanks in advance

John

Edited by jgrease
1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

ICM has sure stepped up their game plan! Their WWII aircraft are among the best out there

gary

May well be true. Does your comment in some way relate to the KH MiG-25? Just wondering ...

10 hours ago, Salineated Michigander said:

Just watched Tutorial #3, John.  Good work!  I'm enjoying your erudition, your dedication and your skill.  Keep them coming.

Thanks very much! I have to be honest - if it wasn't for making these videos I'd probably relegate this kit to the shelf of doom! But I've actually been learning as the build goes on and refining my scribing. Hope you'll come back and watch the next one!

John

Good for you sir! I just came across your 3 videos on the -25pu and having built the original kh foxbat-e, I certainly commiserate and commend your effort. 

It really is a bear of a kit, and it's not even to sully kh or the kit its self, but it is a first release (or has most of the first release plastic in it) and has it's problems.

After a while through my attempt I began thinking of it as a garage kit with all the challenges that a small limited run kit would  present, and that helped with frustrations along the way

as problems popped up. That being said you're definitely on the right track. Carefully studying of the kit and dry fitting will lead you to find assembly steps that are better then the kit instructions, and allow for  better finish...and that's what you've been doing. So good luck and have fun with it. It does come out a very impressive beast indeed.  If you're interested in some pics of my foxbat, let me know and i'll send you some your way. Probably a good way to learn what not to do....:)

Cheers,

Matthew J

19 hours ago, MattJCYKZ said:

Good for you sir! I just came across your 3 videos on the -25pu and having built the original kh foxbat-e, I certainly commiserate and commend your effort. 

It really is a bear of a kit, and it's not even to sully kh or the kit its self, but it is a first release (or has most of the first release plastic in it) and has it's problems.

After a while through my attempt I began thinking of it as a garage kit with all the challenges that a small limited run kit would  present, and that helped with frustrations along the way

as problems popped up. That being said you're definitely on the right track. Carefully studying of the kit and dry fitting will lead you to find assembly steps that are better then the kit instructions, and allow for  better finish...and that's what you've been doing. So good luck and have fun with it. It does come out a very impressive beast indeed.  If you're interested in some pics of my foxbat, let me know and i'll send you some your way. Probably a good way to learn what not to do....:)

Cheers,

Matthew J

Thanks for the kind words Matthew! This build is definitely making me do stuff that I'm not well-practiced at like using CA as a filler and extensive rescribing. I think the next part, where I assemble the wings, will be some of the most extensive work yet. If only Kitty Hawk would listen to the feedback provided by their customer base, I think their kits could take a huge step forward.

John

This build is cruising along towards the finish line. I'd sincerely like to thank all of you ARCers for watching my videos. As always please let me know what works and what you think needs work. I enjoy sharing this hobby with all of you.

https://youtu.be/9VKKRBuxHf0

John

Edited by jgrease