Up all night and then some completing this Great wall hobbies Mig a fantastic kit with extreme surface detail and builder options not found in many kits. I opted to take advantage of having the engine out and the cowling covers removed. I added a few upgrade Eduard kits to enhance this build I have been planning for some time. There are at least three digital schemes between the Ukraine and Slovakian Air force all very similar with variations to the pattern and shade. I chose a Slovakian digital scheme in a tighter pixel pattern that I think looks more interesting. A mask does not exist for the scheme so careful reference photos and a mile of masking tape would be needed to hand airbrush.

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Construction and painting

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

Untitled photo

20200410_221116.jpg

20200411_220054.jpg

20191226_000825.jpg

20191226_002227.jpg

20200623_231134.jpg

20200628_232735.jpg

20200704_143857.jpg

20200716_201920.jpg

20200716_202017.jpg

19 hours ago, Sebastijan said:

Great job! 

what's that tool called you used for making the camo masking?

Hope you don't mind if I jump in. Alexen Model, and maybe one other company, make Photoetch tape cutting templates for cutting various shapes. I found a vendor in Australia that sells them:

https://www.modellersworkshop.com.au/tools/stencils/steel-stencils/

Don't know who in Europe sells them. I believe they are made in China. They also make some very nice looking tools.

Edited by Mstor

The GWH kit was amazing I have been modelling for 20+ years and this company stands out too me on their value, quality, detail and extra details like the engines. 

The colors on the engine 

Base- Vallejo 77.724 aluminium 

Shading- Alclad Jet exhaust, burnt carbon, hot metal blue

Truly beautiful to behold. I like the fact that you chose to display during servicing with one engine out. It looks very realistic! And I also like the way you figured out how to paint the digital camouflage using homemade masks. Very clever! Kind regards,  Dutch 

• 1 year later...
On 9/4/2020 at 11:58 AM, Night Owl Models said:

The GWH kit was amazing I have been modelling for 20+ years and this company stands out too me on their value, quality, detail and extra details like the engines. 

The colors on the engine 

Base- Vallejo 77.724 aluminium 

Shading- Alclad Jet exhaust, burnt carbon, hot metal blue

What color did you paint your cockpit? Ready to begin GWH MIG-29 with Quinta studio decals.  Your Fulcrum came out stunning!

It would be a very nice model. Had You not cut out individual pixels, that is. This made it just superb! Love the work on the engine bay.

Funny thing, the Vallejo primer says it's the Light Ghost Gray.