Flying Leathernecks GBU-32(V)1 1000lb JDAM - Now Available

1/48 GBU-32 1000lb JDAM $10.00

1/32 GBU-32 1000lb JDAM $16.00

Set includes two Mk-83/BLU-110 bombs with KMU-559 guidance kit attached and the tail assemblies as separate pieces.

Also included are two (2) DSU-33 proximity fuzes, two (2) MXU-735 solid nose plugs and two (2) Ogive nose plugs.

https://www.flyingleathernecksdecals.com/p/fl48-8012-gbu-32…

https://www.flyingleathernecksdecals.com/p/fl32-2016-gbu-32…

No photo description available.

Image may contain: text that says '4 1 501-00 28 0 48 28 2 ENGINEERING 20 2 PRODUCTS 20 324 32 40 48 56 8 EMPERED 56 32NDS 32NDS 64THS 丝立'

No photo description available.

Edited by Dave Roof

FL32-2016 GBU-32(V)1 1000lb JDAM $16.00

Set includes two Mk-83 bombs with strakes, two tail assemblies, two DSU-33 proximity fuzes, two ogive nose plugs and a set of paint masks.

Available on 1 September 2020

Image may contain: text that says '4 1 501-00 28 0 48 28 2 ENGINEERING 20 2 PRODUCTS 20 324 32 40 48 56 8 EMPERED 56 32NDS 32NDS 64THS 丝立'

Dave, I always wanted to ask you: do you sell 3D printed products (I mean bombs especially) or resin ones?
There are 3D printed items on your pictures (I can see the layers on the surfaces), but maybe fina products are resin?

42 minutes ago, Solo said:

Dave, I always wanted to ask you: do you sell 3D printed products (I mean bombs especially) or resin ones?
There are 3D printed items on your pictures (I can see the layers on the surfaces), but maybe fina products are resin?

Everything is 3D printed and yes, the downside are the print layers. However, the number of pros outweigh that one con as far as I'm concerned. While it is difficult to see, the built up GBU in the last photo was sanded (not all of it) with a 1500 grit soft sanding stick. A task that took about 2 minutes.

While I could thoroughly clean a few parts and cast them in resin, the modeler would then have to remove all of the casting blocks, sand the mating surfaces flat and line everything up. On my end, casting them in resin would require constantly making molds, pouring resin, demolding parts, etc. Using casting equipment is also loud and takes up a lot of space.

With 3D printing all of the parts, the only downside is the layers on them. They are provided to the modeler ready to paint, assemble and attach to your model. I can fit all three of my printers on a small desk and hold a conversation while they're running. I can also do other things like draw decal art, design new masks, pack product, fill orders and even work on models while the printers are running. Couldn't do all of that while trying to operate casting equipment and it's a lot less messy.

Please remember I am a one man show and literally do everything myself. For what I want to release and how I would like to present it to the modeler, 3D printing each part works.

Dave

2 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Please remember I am a one man show and literally do everything myself. For what I want to release and how I would like to present it to the modeler, 3D printing each part works.

I am not criticize you, just asked.
Wish  I have your products in Poland, then I could buy them and check the quality. Hope you will be selling them in Europe.

14 hours ago, Solo said:

I am not criticize you, just asked.
Wish  I have your products in Poland, then I could buy them and check the quality. Hope you will be selling them in Europe.

I didn't take it as a criticism, just wanted to explain why I chose to stick with the 3D printing. Well, Hannants carries the line but I don't control when they get new products.

These look really nice.  You say they will be available in 1/48th as well, any idea how those will be priced?  Also, any chance of a MXU-735 nose plug being designed for the kit?

Thanks!

-Ryan

Edited by BN7149
1 hour ago, BN7149 said:

These look really nice.  You say they will be available in 1/48th as well, any idea how those will be priced?  Also, any chance of a MXU-735 nose plug being designed for the kit?

Thanks!

-Ryan

Ryan,

No idea on pricing yet, but they'll be in the ballpark of the other ordnance items I've released. MXU-735 are already done and I'll be adding those to this set.

3 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Ryan,

No idea on pricing yet, but they'll be in the ballpark of the other ordnance items I've released. MXU-735 are already done and I'll be adding those to this set.

Excellent, Dave! I'll be looking forward to them.  You just haaad to post this a few days after I was lusting over those Blacklions bomb trucks from OIR.

-Ryan