Looking for 1/32 scale F-4 Phantom canopies

Hello all! Have not posted for a loooong time, trying to fix an old model. I am looking for the clear canopies for the old
Revell F-4 Phantom as I am trying to rebuild a model my dear brother (now deceased) built back in the 1970's. I have searched the internet for hours, but cannot seem to find an aftermarket supplier making a 1/32 scale canopy. I have gotten some parts from ebay to rebuild the jet as it has taken a beating over the last 45 years, but the only one that sells the parts I need blocked me as a buyer for calling him out on his lie of combining shipping on multiple auctions. I may have not understood the full terms of the sale, and he could have made it MUCH clearer what the procedures were, but he just left me very snotty feedback instead and blocked me as a buyer. The only poor feedback I have gotten since 1998 when I first joined ebay and over 200 transactions. Go figure. Does anyone know where I can purchase these parts, or maybe have a broken model they would part with so I can get this jet back on the shelf? They don't neccesarily have to be perfect, just something to finish up this model. Even another model brand would be of use. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You!

Rocko,

I've got allot of 32nd phantoms kits in the stash. I really don't know which revel kit you mean. I am not sure if "any" kits canopies would work as they all have some difference here and there. Any way you can catch a photo and show it on here to see if I can help. I have some revel E's, RF''s, and some Navy birds. Ill help if I can but need more info sir...........32nd is a scale that I find most people don't dabble in, so "spare" parts might be hard to come by..................

Jimbo

4 hours ago, JMB said:

Rocko,

I've got allot of 32nd phantoms kits in the stash. I really don't know which revel kit you mean. I am not sure if "any" kits canopies would work as they all have some difference here and there. Any way you can catch a photo and show it on here to see if I can help. I have some revel E's, RF''s, and some Navy birds. Ill help if I can but need more info sir...........32nd is a scale that I find most people don't dabble in, so "spare" parts might be hard to come by..................

Jimbo

Hello JMB,

I'm also looking for the NEW Revell 1/32 RF canopy also. I see you have those parts, are you considering sale that? Let me know please!

For Rocko 427:

I may have the old Revell canopy but not remember a whole set or just some parts...I have to check them again my stash... Stay tune!

let_models, 

For direct replacement you would indeed need the original issue canopies,

but surely the easier (as well as improvement) route would be to request

the clear sprue from Revell #5994 F-4G Wild Weasel kit since it is the current kit.

You would need to remove the molded center side frames and adjust fit, but

would sure help the look vastly. The recent Revell canopies aren't perfect,

but compared to the originals, no contest. HTH

2 hours ago, phasephantomphixer said:

For direct replacement you would indeed need the original issue canopies,

but surely the easier (as well as improvement) route would be to request

the clear sprue from Revell #5994 F-4G Wild Weasel kit since it is the current kit.

You would need to remove the molded center side frames and adjust fit, but

would sure help the look vastly. The recent Revell canopies aren't perfect,

but compared to the originals, no contest. HTH

I would go this route, recently finished a 40 year old Revell 1/32. The clear parts are not good compared to the newer kit.

That's what I was thinking................there is the Revel F-4G kit out and it can be obtained around here pretty cheap from Hobby lobby, ebay, etc. I looked into mine and the canopies are a world of difference from the older kit!  I have several of the older Revel Germany RF-4E kits and let me tell you that the canopies are really wonky in that kit. I'm not really a "rivet counter" but I at least try and make it look somewhat decent. That kit you really have to work on to get the canopies at least somewhat presentable.

Jimbo

Wow! Thank you all for the replies! If I remember correctly, the kit was the Revell F-4J, I sort of remember the box art, it was pictured from the front of the plane, sort of unusual for main box art. I am not real concerned about exact fit, just need to get it back on the shelf. Thank you all for your help, will get a few pictures of it up later today or this evening, Have a good day all !

I remember that kit. If you want I can’t post any pics here( limited ) but if you want send me an email and I’ll send pics of what I’ve built. You can also send me pics of what you have an I’ll try and get a close match

jim277234@gmail.com

jimbo

I’ve had this kit ~90% complete and ready for paint for probably 15-20 years. Every time I think about starting it again I pick it up and find the wing root joints cracked again. I should give up on it but for some reason I just can’t.....

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-4706-f-4j-phantom-ii-mcdonnel-douglas--194170

194170-12192-67-pristine.jpg

Phantom, that’s a great build you got there considering. And yes that’s what I built and those wonky canopies. But with a little work it’s builds up pretty nice though. Those other photos make feel old......stop it.......lol

jimbo