Last week worked on the decals. I sprayed the upper surfaces with Pledge using my old airbrush of course. I always gloss before decals many a great paint schemes have been ruined by silvered decals.

20210501_233337-1620529043842-600x450.jp

20210501_233508-1620529044358-600x450.jp

Love the Afterburner decals I just wish they were not so hard to find.

After I get the decals on I'll apply two coats of AK interactive Ultra Matt and it is ultra-matt stuff is incredible.

• 4 weeks later...

Well this is the end of this build just a few minor tweaks thanks for following or reading the post. Here are some quick pics I put together tonight. I put my F-18B aside to get this finished on the bench is another TA-4J Adversary I am going to tackle the CTW-1 Bu.153488 very challenging camo scheme.

inCollage_20210606_000656754-L.jpg

Ill post larger photos to the display case in a few days.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I have just started some preliminary  colour tests on the paint scheme for Bu 153488. It took about a week under intense magnification to match the colors to the decals. I had to custom blend the lighter green.

20210610_230052-219x450.jpg

I really like this unique scheme it's going to be a real challenge with all the small patches and multiple colours. 

12 hours ago, Night Owl Models said:

I really like this unique scheme it's going to be a real challenge with all the small patches and multiple colours. 

I don't want to spoil your moment Night Owl, (pardon, I don't know your first name) but, the scheme is not unique. It has been used regularly by Adversaries' units over the past 4 decades. You can say though that it is unique for the specific reserve unit.

Still, I am looking forward to see also this one!:thumbsup:   

Edited by SERNAK
5 hours ago, SERNAK said:

I don't want to spoil your moment Night Owl, (pardon, I don't know your first name) but, the scheme is not unique. It has been used regularly by Adversaries' units over the past 4 decades. You can say though that it is unique for the specific reserve unit.

Still, I am looking forward to see also this one!:thumbsup:   

No worries...I would very interested in what other units-in photos used this scheme I have only seen it on this aircraft for this squadron.

On 6/13/2021 at 3:33 AM, Night Owl Models said:

No worries...I would very interested in what other units-in photos used this scheme I have only seen it on this aircraft for this squadron.

Hi Dave,

Are you familiar with the phrase that says "I write faster than I think"? Well, this is what happened to me with what I wrote. I meant the FS numbers have been used repeatedly not the design of the scheme. The design of the scheme is original but, nonetheless, I will have a look and see if I have in my collection (and from which squadron) a Skyhawk that have used a similar one.

The most demanding task when researching for paint schemes designs that were used on Adversary aircrafts is finding photos from various angles. This is probably the reason why only a few of these interesting designs have been produced in decals' sheets. On the one hand, think about the first decals' sheets from Microscale and Superscale that were released on the market in the late 80s-early 90s that were cataloguing only a small number of designs and on the other hand, it is only recently that we saw companies such as, Two Bobs, Afterburner and Furball, producing some old paint schemes' designs.

I'll have a look at my collection and let you know.