KC-10 Extender.

I am currently building the AMP kit of the KC-10 Extender and would like to ask a question about the boom operators area. I think what I mean is the cupola where the operator sits (I think) and its shape. The kit has a blunt ending to this with a largish gap between it and the actual boom equipment. Now I have seen this area with a more shapely end to the cupola almost touching the boom equipment. I have tried to look at some photos of this area and it seems that the latter part is on a panel that moves upward being hinged at the rear so (I think) that the boom operator can see what they are refuelling. As I am building the model on the ground which of these is actually correct?

Edited by Jabba29

Thanks for that, but I do not think that it is showing what I am after, but it does show in good detail the drogue housing which is not included in the kit and the APU. I am thinking that because the boom is lowered slightly this opens up the panel as shown. I did forget to say the I will have the boom stowed in the up position, so does this mean that the panel is down shown the latter part of the fairing?

If I remember correctly, and its been a few years since I was in a KC-10, when the boom is in the stowed position, the boom pod window closes and you cant see out, but when it lowers or is activated the cover slides out of the way like you said. 

53 minutes ago, Falcon053 said:

If I remember correctly, and its been a few years since I was in a KC-10, when the boom is in the stowed position, the boom pod window closes and you cant see out, but when it lowers or is activated the cover slides out of the way like you said. 

That's my understanding too.