My 1/32 Round 2 Galileo 7 build

I placed a pre-order for this kit back in Feb.  Then I see this thread and start wondering where my kit is at.  Open email and there’s a FedEx notification from Monsters In Motion and I’ll have it next Friday.  What a coincidence! 

Yours looks stunning!   Can’t wait until I can get back to some bench time.  

Kit arrived on Thursday.  Looks like a quick and fun build.  Now talk about the Mandela Effect, I always thought the Shuttle was white.  After looking at the color codes on the box for painting, I went back and scanned through the “Galileo Seven” episode.  Sure enough, there it is just like the box says.  

Looks like the same gray/green color on the top half just like the Enterprise? 

7 hours ago, Scott Smith said:

Kit arrived on Thursday.  Looks like a quick and fun build.  Now talk about the Mandela Effect, I always thought the Shuttle was white.  After looking at the color codes on the box for painting, I went back and scanned through the “Galileo Seven” episode.  Sure enough, there it is just like the box says.  

Looks like the same gray/green color on the top half just like the Enterprise? 

No. It's NOT the Grey Green.

The upper hull is the same color as the lower front rear of the Nacelles. And the lower hull is the same color as the Impulse deck.

• 1 month later...

I love this thread.  I noted Randy's interior and marveled at it.  Naturally, this model cries out for "diorama", either landing on the asteroid with The Companion and Zephram Cochran or on Eden with Sevrin. Maybe on the hostile planet where they crashed investigating Murasaki 312.... or even a giant wall presentation with the planet killer and Matt Decker flying into it. 

My mechanical engineering side cries out for figuring out how to flip a switch and get the doors to operate, knowing full well that grips on the set opened and closed them, sometimes with difficulty. 

I was glad to read that the original screen prop, the full-size magilla is fully restored and on display now. 

You'll note my avatar and I made that long before this model was kitted.  Perhaps a serendipitous moment. 

It's truly a fun kit and a return to my childhood and back to the days when TV was still experimenting and taking risks before computer models and think-tanks and study groups all destroying the storytelling for their own agendas.