1/72 - Northrop F-5E Tiger II (new tool) by DreamModel - box art+test build+decals+sprues - release in 2020

4 hours ago, hemspilot said:

Let's be real, this kit is priced above their J-20 that is a vastly superior kit both in size and detail quality.

Judging by the cost of their AH-1Z, I'd say their management is trying to maximize income before the Wolfpack rebox shows up in stores. 

By Wolfpack rebox, were you referring to their RF-5A/F-5A kits:

https://www.hlj.com/1-72-scale-northrop-f-5a-skoshi-tiger-wlfwp17203

https://www.hlj.com/1-72-scale-northrop-rf-5a-freedom-fighter-rokaf-reconnaissance-fighter-wlf17202

Thinking about it, it would've been wonderful had Special Hobby taken on the Tiger family

I'm with you, Moritz.  I was hoping that after their Mirage F.1s, they'd do the Tigers next. 

Edited by JackMan
3 hours ago, Quixote74 said:

Not sure what you mean by "rebox."  I believe it's been confirmed that the F-5 announced by Wolfpack has no relationship to Dreammodel's kit, it is another new tooling.

Correct, I ijitially thought that Wolfpack's F-5A was an E, still with no relation to Dream Model's kit.

3 hours ago, Paul Boyer said:

I don't see where it has been "confirmed" that the announced Wolfpack and the announced DreamModel F-5E kits are different or the same. 

It was reported as such on Britmodeller, although re-reading the discussion it was not an *absolute* confirmation.

At the very least there's no previous relationship between the two companies.  Wolpack (not to be confused with Wolfpak) is a Korean company, while DreamModel is Chinese (Shanghai based).  Wolfpack is a distributor for Skunkmodels and Kinetic out of Hong Kong, but doesn't have any ongoing relationships with other Chinese manufacturers (at least none publicly announced).

2 hours ago, hemspilot said:

Correct, I ijitially thought that Wolfpack's F-5A was an E, still with no relation to Dream Model's kit.

Nope, the Wolfpack F-5A kits are reboxes of the classic ESCI tooling (now owned by Italeri).

18 minutes ago, Paul Boyer said:

I contacted Wolfpack and they responded saying that the two kits are unrelated and that Wolfpack will announce a release schedule for their F-5E/F soon.

Well that's good to hear! Thanks Paul ;0) Fred K.

1 hour ago, Paul Boyer said:

I contacted Wolfpack and they responded saying that the two kits are unrelated and that Wolfpack will announce a release schedule for their F-5E/F soon.

Looking forward to this kit.  Hopefully it’s as nice as their T-2