Repopped F-90Y Gundam - true Retro!

As a big fan of older model kits, I have to say that I am a big fan of the retro-modelling craze that seems to be sweeping this great hobby of ours. I love that I can get repops (sometimes improved, sometimes not) of old stuff I missed out on. Sure, they’re not as great as a new kit, but they have their own charm.

One kind of kit, though, that I never thought would fall into this “nostalgia boom” is the Gundam kit. Bandai has a penchant for “onwards and upwards”, constantly improving their Gundam kits so that there’s no need to get the old ones. However, it seems that there are exceptions to that rule.

A perfect example are the kits from Gundam Silhouette Formula 91, a manga (comic) side story to the F-91 anime, and something that is so obscure that Bandai hasn’t even bothered (yet) to make new kits of the suits from it. However, the did decide to reissue the old ones, and since they have such a big place in my heart, I had to scoop some up.

Check out my out-of-box review for the reissued F-90Y Cluster Gundam. It was my first from this series about 25 years ago, when I was just getting into Gundams. It’s going to be fun to rebuild it now!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/bandai-1-100-f-90y-cluster-gundam-out-of-box/

cluster-oob-003.jpg?w=500