CD48191 - 1/48 USAF A-10C

I have not released a new A-10C sheet since the ANG A-10C sheets sold out - there are a few new, interesting markings out there and it's time for a new USAF A-10C sheet.

I just finished the design - it is coming in November, with 4-5 options.  Here are a couple of the aircraft on this sheet:

usaf_a10c_promos.jpg

This is not the Cold War era Euro 1 A-10 sheet - that one is CD48192.  This one will have modern markings and stencilling, while the A-10A sheet has period-accurate stencilling for 1980s-early 1990s and a ton of Euro 1 options.

5 hours ago, KursadA said:

usaf_a10c_promos.jpg

Very cool tribute schemes!

What is the topside camo color on that top one?  Is that supposed to represent a 355th FG P-51?

On 8/28/2020 at 4:25 PM, KursadA said:

I will see what I can do. Is this the only one that had "Fairbanks" on the nacelle?

Unknown.  This happened after I left in May of '86.   They all carried the basic markings like in my two ref photos without the Fairbanks deal on the nacelle.  I think the Spirit of Fairbanks was unique to 993.

Edited by Drifterdon
20 hours ago, dmk0210 said:

What is the topside camo color on that top one?  Is that supposed to represent a 355th FG P-51?

Hasegawa recently re-released their 1/72 kit in these markings, here is the box art photo

02333.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Shorty84 said:

Hi Kursad, would you consider to add an option for an 357th FS A-10C? I really like the yellow markings on the gray jet and want to build one badly but no decal manufacturer has ever done these markings :crying2:

I already finished the design of this sheet, but I am sure it will not be the last A-10C sheet I will be making - I will make sure the 357th FS example finds its way into a future item.