Jump to content

Internal Server Error?


Recommended Posts

I am trying to edit a post, but I keep getting a "500 Internal Server Error" notice.

 

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@arcforums.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

 

What's up with that?

I even had the forum "unavailable" for a few hours.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was finally able to edit my post by adding 2 lines of text at a time & saving it every time. :bandhead2: With the forum website constantly going offline/unable to load, it took a LONG while. If I tried to add ~ 10-20 lines of text that I copied & pasted from a text file, it would fail every time.

One line I could never add, which was a link to Scalemates. Every time I tried to add that link, I got the server error. What is strange, another Scalemates link worked just fine.

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SBARC said:

I'm not sure. 

 

You guys still having problems?

 

Yes - I gave up trying the conventional method, but, as per the update to my original post (linked to above), found a 'work-around'....

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

Ok....I have some free time of sorts this sunday afternoon.  I'm curious is the text in question in the above posts was coming from a word Doc etc or from Notepad?  Notepad strips out all formatting so it is jsut the clean text.

 

Or were you guys trying to type text directly into the post here on the forums?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Text below is from a word doc..

 

Testing settings.

Testing settings.

Testing settings.

 

Testing settings.

Testing settings.

 

 

 

Testing settings. Testing settings. Testing settings. Testing settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • SBARC pinned this topic

Hi Steve, I am running into a different problem, but thought I could post it here. I am getting the following error:

xmRP2vd.jpg

 

This happens when:

- I am *not* logged into ARC forums and I am trying to view a thread that has images in it. This does not happen when I am logged in, or I am trying to view a thread that has no pictures. 

- Happens in only on my MacOS, when on Safari (MacOS with Chrome  works ok).

- No issues when viewing on my iPhone.

 

Once I hit close, I can proceed without problems. Any ideas what the issue might be? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 3:55 AM, andyf117 said:

 

Yes - I gave up trying the conventional method, but, as per the update to my original post (linked to above), found a 'work-around'....

 

What was your workaround?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Janissary said:

Hi Steve, I am running into a different problem, but thought I could post it here. I am getting the following error:

xmRP2vd.jpg

 

This happens when:

- I am *not* logged into ARC forums and I am trying to view a thread that has images in it. This does not happen when I am logged in, or I am trying to view a thread that has no pictures. 

- Happens in only on my MacOS, when on Safari (MacOS with Chrome  works ok).

- No issues when viewing on my iPhone.

 

Once I hit close, I can proceed without problems. Any ideas what the issue might be? 

 

Wow...this is a stumper.  Anyone else encounter this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding original issue....is it possible to get more specific info?

 

Was the text typed in or copied from another program?  which program...word etc?

 

Size and type of images?

 

How were the text and images posted?  One block of text then images below of text then image, then text...then image etc?

 

What operating system you using?

 

There are posting limits regarding image size etc  1000 wide and 750 high that might cause problems and there are image file size limits that can cause problems.

 

I am not having any luck replicating this problem.  The admin back end settings are limited but it is possible it is one of those settings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SBARC said:

Ok....I have some free time of sorts this sunday afternoon.  I'm curious is the text in question in the above posts was coming from a word Doc etc or from Notepad?  Notepad strips out all formatting so it is jsut the clean text.

 

Or were you guys trying to type text directly into the post here on the forums?

In my case, I was replacing all my test with an updated version that I created in Notepad. After I put it in the post, I went back and added the formatting (Bold, Italics, Strikethrough, etc). When I tried to save it, I got the failure. I found I could only edit a few lines at a time, save them, then go back & edit some more lines. A REAL PITA. :bandhead2: 

 

Larry

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

In my case, I was replacing all my test with an updated version that I created in Notepad. After I put it in the post, I went back and added the formatting (Bold, Italics, Strikethrough, etc). When I tried to save it, I got the failure. I found I could only edit a few lines at a time, save them, then go back & edit some more lines. A REAL PITA. :bandhead2: 

 

Larry

Did it post ok with just the raw text from notepad?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SBARC said:

Did it post ok with just the raw text from notepad?

Not always, especially if I put in a Hyperlink to a Scalemates page, showing the item I was selling or looking for. And not every link would fail.

Larry

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ReccePhreak said:

Not always, especially if I put in a Hyperlink to a Scalemates page, showing the item I was selling or looking for. And not every link would fail.

Larry

This is weird as heck....it seems to be an annoyingly elusive problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just tried to edit my FS posting by deleting all the old words, and pasting in an updated post created in Notepad.

Before saving it, I edited it, to add the formatting I wanted - Bold, Italic & Strikethrough.

When I hit save, I got the same Internal Server Error.

Larry

Link to post
Share on other sites

which post?

 

this one?

 

I have the Academy/Minicraft 1/48 F-111C Aardvark kit, and the kit decals are all cracked & missing chunks.

I want to do the kit in more recent markings, and I can't get replacement decals from Academy in South Korea.

I was hoping that someone had the Model Alliance Decals World Airpower Update # 2 - sheet MA48169, and could spare the F-111C decals from it. 

I am in Florida, and I do not have Paypal, but I could trade something from the list below for those decals.
PM me or email me direct at lengesath(AT)cox(DOT)net to discuss.

 

Larry


## DECALS ##

 

Aerodecal 1/48 F-4 Phantom II : USAFE Units (Sheet 27C)
Eagle Strike Decals 1/72 Skyraiders of the Fleet - Pt.2 (72045)
Microscale Decals 1/48 RH-53D HM-16 USN, CH-53D HMH-463 USMC (48-224)

Xtradecal 1/32 RF-4C Phantom 68-657 'Starize' 10 TRW Alconbury (X003-32)(Sealed)

 

## AFTERMARKET ##

 

Eduard 1/48 F-15I Raam Canopy Mask set (Academy)(EX312)(Sealed)
Eduard 1/48 MiG-23M Canopy mask set (Trumpeter)(EX375)
Eduard 1/32 Bf109E-7 Canopy mask set (Trumpeter)(JX146)(Sealed)
Eduard 1/48 MiG-23M Interior S.A. ZOOM PE set (Trumpeter)(FE626)
Montex 1/48 Su-15 Mini Mask set (Trumpeter)(SM 48095)
Montex 1/48 Fairey Firefly Mini Mask set (AZ Models)(SM 48284)
Montex 1/48 Fokker DDXXI Mini Mask set (Special Hobby)(SM 48291)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Steve ... I tried over the past 2 days to Start a New Topic on the Real Space Forum and got the Internal Server Error.

 

Now, I haven't tried to post any pix since May ... is there a limit to the # of images I can insert? ... or any changes to the Forum that I need to be aware of?

My images have come from a Photo Sharing site, Fotki.

 

Here's the screenshot ... right now, it's about 4:40 am, your time.

Thanx Steve

Pete

ARC Server Error.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 months later...

A few months back, I had the same problem; it solved by itself after a few days; yesterday, the problem repeated and tried different things unsuccessfully (rebooting the computer and router); today, the problem persisted, but finally, I've been able to post; this is what I did.

 

The original post was already stored in the cache when I selected the edition mode, so I cut (Ctrl + X) the last half of the original and submitted only the first half; this time, it allowed me to post; then I  pasted the last half (Ctrl + V) in a second post and submitted without a problem.

 

I hope this would be useful to someone.

 

Regards
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...