Internal Server Error?

It just happened AGAIN to me, when I tried to edit my FS posting.

The only way I could do it was edit half a line at a time, save it, and then go back & repeat the process. It took 20 times to edit my post, and remove sold items. :bandhead2:

Larry

• 7 months later...

It's reared its ugly head again.  Got this today when trying to edit my WIP thread with photos from Flickr:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@arcforums.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• 1 month later...

I realize this pinned topic is a year old already, but I am currently experiencing the same Internal Server Error problem when trying to edit my For Sale Post. I have tried all manner of editing, copying/pasting, removing formatting, using plain text, etc, but nothing seems to work.

Has anyone found a good workaround?

Also, the email address listed in the error message just bounces back as undeliverable, 'address not found'.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@arcforums.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• 5 weeks later...

It happened again a few days ago; I signed out, reloaded the page to clear the cache, signed in, posted just the text without the images, and the next post let me include the images.

• 7 months later...

This has been happening to me for the last few days...again.  It's pretty annoying.  I can post text.  I can post photos.  I just can't post text and photos in the same thread at the same time.  I sent Steve an e-mail but no response yet.

4 hours ago, AX 365 said:

This has been happening to me for the last few days...again.  It's pretty annoying.  I can post text.  I can post photos.  I just can't post text and photos in the same thread at the same time.  I sent Steve an e-mail but no response yet.

The same thing happened to me last week when I started my new thread, I agree it's quite annoying. I did what Cruiz suggested above and it seemed to work for me.

Steve

• 5 months later...

It's BAAAAACK!!!

I can't even edit my FS posting anymore, even if I change a few letters at a time!! :bandhead2:

Maybe I should just delete that post and start a new, updated FS/FT post?

Larry

EDIT: The forum let me start a completely new FS/FT posting, so I deleted all the content in Page 1 of my original post. :bandhead2: :soapbox:

Edited by ReccePhreak
Reworded post

I now get the same Internal Server Error on my BRAND NEW FS posting!!!!!!!!

I tried to delete 2 items that were sold, and got the Internal Server Error message.

I guess I won't be able to update my FS posting, to remove sold items.

UPDATE: I went back to my FS posting and removed ALL special formatting: BOLD TEXT, ITALIC, STRIKE THROUGH, and was able to save the changes.

I will see if this works in the future.

If NOT, I won't be able to update my FS posting by removing SOLD items, so people will have to contact me to see if I still have the item they want or if it has already been sold.

STUPID forum software!!!

Larry

Edited by ReccePhreak
More info
  • 1 month later...

If the square of the hypotenuse equals two-thirds of a three-legged horse and you subtract the number first thought of, how many fingers am I holding up?

Edited by andyf117
  • 2 weeks later...