1/48 Revell (ICM) C-45

This is one of the next models I have started to build. It is the Revell C-45 (ICM moulds) that I will be building as a 1950's RCAF bird using the Belcher Bits extended leading edge parts. 

work will be a little slow on this for a while as I focus on a side commission project that I have a timeline for.

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

015.jpg

The leading edge part was glue on, and then promptly fell off. I will have to re-install it once I have the wings assembled. I still need to do a bit of cleanup and sanding to get it to fit perfectly.

Thanks for looking,

Sean

I started this same kit a few weeks back with the Eduard interior p.e. set to go along with it.  I have the instrument panel in work along with the engine mounts and bulkheads too.  Seems to be a decent kit so far with good fit.  ICM has definitely gotten better over the years.  Will be following this build and looks great so far!!!

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Be careful joining the wings to fuselage. I knocked the seats and stuff out many many times.

Between that and the leading edge extensions, the wing-fuselage joint is my biggest worry. I am also planning an Alclad finish so I need to get it perfect.

Sean

• 2 months later...

slowly poking away at this....I have been focused on my large scale Twin Otter project for the last few months..

123565229_1025740057900907_7806931049161

123628989_1025740077900905_2861348961574

But I have a little progress to show you. (sorry for the pciture links...I need to update my site to HTTPS befor I can direct link any pictures.)

017.jpg

019.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

Since these were taken, I have now managed to get the wheel bay structure, gear and gear doors installed. I am building it gear up but still wanted to add all the internals. Stay tuned for those pictures and more in the next update!

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
  • 1 month later...

Some more progress. This is coming along nicely.  I am happy with the nacelle extensions and the leading edge extensions. There are some small parts that need cleaning up before paint but all is good. not pictures is the fuselage glued together and the putty started on that. 

I am still worried about the fuselage/wing joint, but I will fight that battle when I get there.

016.jpg

025.jpg

028.jpg

034.jpg

037.jpg

039.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

• 4 weeks later...

Some progress on this. I have finished off the interior, installed the astro-dome, and attached the wings to the fuselage. I did some work around the wing-fuselage joint, and it still needs some work, but is almost there. I got a coat of primer on everything and I am now working on the Horizontal stabs. Few more little things and it will be ready to start paint.

045.jpg

050.jpg

052.jpg

055.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

062.jpg

064.jpg

067.jpg

Sean

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 11:03 AM, HOLMES said:

Sean,

Just catching up.

EXEMPLARY  workmanship  so far.

:worship:

Thanks!! I am really happy with how this is turning out. Real test will be when I pull the masking off the windows!

Sean

• 5 weeks later...

some minor progress. I have been pocking away at the little things, mostly getting the black areas painted. below  you will see the nose, cowlings and de-icing boots getting painted. I am hoping to have this done in a week or so.

100.jpg

102.jpg

093.jpg

094.jpg

Sean

Kursad, they are your decals. Love them!!  Had one issue with the wing roundels peeling off even after solva set and gloss coat, but thats probably user error. Just went with the post-68 roundel to fix it and gonna hope most people

dont notice. 

sean

• 2 weeks later...