1/48 promodeller F-15E

This is one of the kits I am currently working on. It is the monogram Pro-modeller F-15E. I plan on using the kit decals and finishing it as the tiger meet bird. I am not sue on weapons right now but think I may go with som Mk.82's to compliment the GBU-10's that are in the kit. I will make a final decision closer to the end of the build.

right now the cockpit is painted gray, as well as the black areas around the cockpit and the wheels. I also painted the landing gears bits white...but those pictures will be in my next update.

001.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

I'll be watching... after returning to the hobby and completing the Tamy 1/48 F-14A, I had to decide on my next build. The F-15 or A-6 in the same scale, the Intruder won the coin toss.

Consider me as an interested spectator! Enjoy the build

Andy

• 4 months later...
On 9/2/2020 at 6:17 AM, ExchefAndy said:

I'll be watching... after returning to the hobby and completing the Tamy 1/48 F-14A, I had to decide on my next build. The F-15 or A-6 in the same scale, the Intruder won the coin toss.

Consider me as an interested spectator! Enjoy the build

Andy

Glad to have you along!! enjoy the build!

Sean

Some more progress!

I have been focusing on the other builds as I knew this would more or less fall into place, and for the most part it has. I have the cockpit finished and weathered,  and got the nose glued together. I got the intakes done, including using the latex paint method for the interior, and I have to say, I am happy with the look. in the last picture you can see the rear fuselage being glued together. 

up till now, and not pictured, Igot the nose attached to the rear half, and got the wings glued on. Not happy with some of the gaps, but you will have to wait unitl the next updated for those...

011.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

• 4 weeks later...

Some more (slow) progress.

I now have the fuselage glued together and everything coated in a layer of primer. Just some smaller bits and then I will be ready for pre-shading and a coat of paint. I had some trouble getting the outer wings on properly and they needed quite a bit of putty and I am still not happy with them. Also had issues with the CFT's, they were badly twisted and took some effort to get them on straight.

020.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

029.jpg

033.jpg

035.jpg

037.jpg

Sean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

some progress. I have been slowly plugging away at all the little things that need to be done. pictured below are jsut the exhausts, bombs and missles. Should have this done in a week or so..hopefully.

052.jpg

053.jpg

055.jpg

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...