A French paints lament!

Well,

When I think about painting my models, I think of and use paints from different manufacturers for different colors.  In most cases, these national manufacturers have the correct colors.  For instance, for;

U.S. aircraft = Model Master

British aircraft = Humbrol

Russian aircraft = AKAN

I will also often use Gunze Sangyo paints for different items, as needed.

So my lament is, why is there no French paint manufacturer that produces the correct colors for their modern armor and aircraft?  I know there are manufactures who currently produce "French" colors but if you get a color from each manufacturer, each will be different!

Aller ma cousins Francaise, where are the paints!

WARDOG

Edited by Glynn Jacobs
Spelling/spacing errors
15 hours ago, Glynn Jacobs said:

A French paints lament!

Hmm, our creative writers group weekly meeting is tomorrow & we usually do an exercise of a timed writing to one or more of a selection of prompts,

How about "A Frenchman paints lament" for one?

I cannot answer your paint question but you have inspired me!

There have been a couple of threads in the last year about French colors. Links to the official document (in French of course) with information about the colors are in these threads. It gives color info in one of the formats used to describe color. I have no clue on how to use the one they use and I doubt my monitor is even close to being calibrated for accurate display of said colors. It sure would be nice if one of the current paint manufacturers would take this on. Perhaps MRP, Hataka in their lacquer line, or AK in their Real Color line, or even AKAN. Its just odd that no one as put much effort into it. AKAN does do a Gris Bleu Clair and Gris Bleu Fonce, but I don't know how accurate they are. In any case, those two don't cover all the colors needed.

I guess there just isn't the demand.