"On a Steelhorse I ride" - MH-53J Pave Low and HH-53C Jolly Green Giant in 1:72

I'm relatively happy with the final coat of matt:

VgGMv9V.jpg

I used Revells Acrylic matt, which tends to produce tiny little white spots. I was able to paint until I reached the front part of the model, where those white spots started appearing (although I had changed the brush a couple of minutes earlier to a fresh one). Therefor I let out the doghouse and the underside, but the main idea to blend in the decals went as planned.

Then I continued with the rotorblades. Usually I never f*** with those, as I feel that they are quite sensitive to bending and stuff, so the following operation was quite a thing for me:

APGclNE.jpg

What you see here are the blades of an Italeri CH-53E where I cut off the hinges to fit the blades to the hinges of the Airfix-blades. A little bit to my surprise, but of course to my full satisfaction the glueing went quite good and now I have "modern" blades for my MH-53J.

22LZea9.jpg

Above you see the original Airfix-blades (sans the hinges), then one of the new blades for the model and the left-over original blade of the CH-53E 7-blade main-rotor.

HAJO

• 3 weeks later...

Please excuse my "radio silence", but I was on vacation. Also, there was only little left on the model, namely the main-rotor and the auilliary tanks. But this means: Finished! 🙂

bWXwRcf.jpg

zXuip0b.jpg

ab9FiNR.jpg

Even though the kit is roughly 40 years old, I still dig it!

m72tJh0.jpg

I have to admit that many interiour details can´t be seen anymore... But at least the gunner is visible!

YOOuqik.jpg

pzSAUnk.jpg

Surface detail of the old Airfix-kit is still great, I think.

r9uvqgo.jpg

8bp6v4z.jpg

And with a different coloured background to show how the camo "changes":

3EmCbhh.jpg

I will continue this thread with a HH-53C, but not yet. I have a different project I´m working right now.

HAJO