HobbyWorld USA - Unable to Contact

I placed an order about 1 week ago for an item listed as in stock.  I received an immediate email confirming my back order.  I have sent them two messages now asking to cancel this order.  I had ordered this because it was listed as in stock, but do not want back orders without any due date.  I have not received any response.  Does anyone have any suggestions for contacting them?  I hate to have to go through Paypal, but if they're not responding may have to do so.

Matt at Hobbyworld has always been very good about responding to e-mails.  I have had items I ordered from him that were in stock come back as back-ordered. He told me that is often due to someone calling up and asking if item X can be added to their order. Those items don't get automatically deducted from the in stock total. There must be a reason why he has not contacted you yet. As mentioned, he is a one man show and may be away or otherwise busy.  Give him some more time.

Edited by Mstor

Plus, up until a short while ago, he was the only source of MRP paints, aka Mr Paint. Many still use him as a primary supplier even though Sprue Brothers carries them now. Makes him a VERY busy man. I like to image his store as a brick and mortar with all the paints he stocks. Oh what fun I would have and oh the money I would spend :naughty:.

11 hours ago, Scooby said:

I should add to my above post, I ordered an order of Mr. Paint from him, I was shorted one bottle. I did send him a message and never heard back from him.

That's not like Matt. He has always been prompt in responding and correcting mistakes. As far as the missing bottle, he probably ran out and back-ordered it.

I do hope he is OK. Does someone here know him personally and can try to contact him?

On 9/11/2020 at 9:56 AM, Mstor said:

That's not like Matt. He has always been prompt in responding and correcting mistakes. As far as the missing bottle, he probably ran out and back-ordered it.

I do hope he is OK. Does someone here know him personally and can try to contact him?

I used to hear back from him immediately, not this year. I’ve emailed him several times, I have not heard back once.

Hey guys,

I've posted this in at least one other thread and not gotten much of an answer...  I also just sent Matt an e-mail about status... waiting to hear back.  I'm looking to purchase the KColor metallics and clears, and as far as I have been able to tell, Matt at HobbyWorld seems to be the only US distributor of these paints, and just about every color I'd like to get is on backorder.  No doubt COVID related, but still, frustrating.  Sorry to re-direct this thread, but do any of you know if there is another US distributor of KColor stuff?  I know it's a Italian company, and as I recall, Italy has been hit heavily by the virus.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2020 at 10:19 AM, Curt B said:

Hey guys,

I've posted this in at least one other thread and not gotten much of an answer...  I also just sent Matt an e-mail about status... waiting to hear back.  I'm looking to purchase the KColor metallics and clears, and as far as I have been able to tell, Matt at HobbyWorld seems to be the only US distributor of these paints, and just about every color I'd like to get is on backorder.  No doubt COVID related, but still, frustrating.  Sorry to re-direct this thread, but do any of you know if there is another US distributor of KColor stuff?  I know it's a Italian company, and as I recall, Italy has been hit heavily by the virus.   

I still haven’t heard back in regards to the missing bottle of paint from my last order.