Extra 1/48 Eduard Hellcat Fuselages

I am coming back to plastic modelling after about twelve years.  I bought the Eduard F6F-5 thinking that it is like the Hasegawa and I just cut out that rear window section to create an -3 which is what I really want to build, but it seems the Eduard kit molds specific fuselage halves for the two types.  Also, I think I saw that some of the kits come with both the -3 and -5 fuselage.  And so, I am here asking if this is true and if anyone has an extra set of -3 fuselage sides.  I am in San Diego, CA and I will compensate you fairly.  

It has been twelve years since I last built a model.  I thought for sure I'd never be back to this hobby and had sold off all my stash a few years back (which was probably only ten unbuilt kits and not like the stashes I remember some of the other members as having.)  Oh, the box of decals and after market that are gone...thrown away as I did not want to deal with listing and selling them!  But the previous weekend I saw and pulled down my partially built Tamiya 1/48 F4U I just kind of kept for some reason and got to working on it and I find myself hooked again.  I had to buy some tools and many paints again.  And I see new kits out there!  Notably, the ZM F-4s and Tamiya F-14.  Sadly, I find it a crime there is no modern kit of the F-86 with the correct wings, better cockpit area especially behind the seat, and front windscreen molded to a portion of the nose for that smooth front-end look it has to my eye, but that is another topic.  The hobby shop near me had a big selection of Mission Models Paints and after a slight error by not buying and using their poly, they seem quite good.  Also, I think I can actually paint inside the house with these.  

Anyway, I wanted to do Minsi with the window in the back but the Eduard kit I picked up is a non-window variant.  Let's see if I can post as I only just joined minutes ago.  🙂  

Steven

On 9/6/2020 at 4:04 PM, Steven said:

...Sadly, I find it a crime there is no modern kit of the F-86 with the correct wings, better cockpit area especially behind the seat, and front windscreen molded to a portion of the nose for that smooth front-end look it....

You are so right!  I have what I gather is the best 1/48 F-86 available right now, the Eduard re-box of the Hasegawa kit, but that kit has a lot to be desired...  I had been dreaming about a brand new Tamiya-tooled P-38, which magically appeared.  I can only hope that enough of us send some mojo Tamiya's way for a new F-86...  Sorry to diverge from your topic, but welcome back to the hobby!  

Diverge all you want!  I would love a high quality Tamiya F-86 and I don't think it would take a lot of work from them as the F-86 is not a complex design overall.  But to finally have the correct wings would do well in the market, I would think.  And that big bubble canopy yields itself to a really nice cockpit.  With an updated kit it could really be a sharp subject when built.  

Yeah, I had always wanted a good P-38 back when I was building but never got around to one.  An early version Pacific Theater and low and behold I come back to one.  The first new kit I bought is the P-38 and I'm holding onto it until I feel my chops are back.  I need some practice especially now that I'm using new paints.  I bet it took them a long time to engineer that one whereas I think the F-86 would be pretty easy in comparison.