New Kitty Hawk 1/35 Naval H-60s

• 4 weeks later...

I saw that yesterday on their FB page.  Please post pics when you get them.  I am curious what was updated to make the HH-60H?  Specifically, if it still has the sprue that contains the open exhaust parts (hopefully to facilitate a USCG HH/MH-60J/T).  They are on one of the new naval-parts sprues, sprue HD.  Also, what did they add to the interior?

Edited by HeavyArty
On 1/21/2021 at 2:59 PM, HeavyArty said:

I saw that yesterday on their FB page.  Please post pics when you get them.  I am curious what was updated to make the HH-60H?  Specifically, if it still has the sprue that contains the open exhaust parts (hopefully to facilitate a USCG HH/MH-60J/T).  They are on one of the new naval-parts sprues, sprue HD.  Also, what did they add to the interior?

The open exhaust parts are on the HC sprue.

Got the two new kits today.  First up is the HH-60H Rescue Hawk kit.  You get a new sprue HH with the interior and exterior parts for the two sliding windows in the port side of the cabin.  Interior seems to match up fairly well with the ones shown at Prime Portal with three seats against the cabin rear and a couple of electronics racks behind the co-pilot’s seat.

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/michael_block/hh-60h_163797/index.php?Page=1

Armament options are the 50 cal gun and floor mount from the other kits (obviously only usable on the right side) or the two miniguns.  They even included new parts for the mount on the right side where the gun mount is attached to the frame of the cabin door.  You also get the two ammo boxes for the miniguns, but sadly no ammo feed chutes.  At first glance, the instructions look complete and correct.

In other news for Jayhawks fans, the HC sprue with the unshrouded exhausts is still in the box.

The MH-60R is one new sprue (HG) added to the base SH-60B plastic.  The new sprue has a new IP, a new exterior sonobuoy tube part that sticks out from the surface instead of being flush as on the -B (a PE cover plate is also included to cover the launcher tubes, if desired), and the right side additional weapons pylon that goes in front of the main cabin door.  The cabin interior is unchanged from the B kit, with the same operator station and even the same sonobuoy launcher, although I believe the one used in the -R is a little different (shorter for one thing).  One of the new parts is the exterior belly part the dipping sonar, but like in the F kit, there are no interior parts for the dipping sonar.  I think that reusing the B interior for the F and R kits is a weakness.  Again, instructions seem complete and correct.  You get three decal sheets, including one with the tiger stripes for the HSM-73 options.

Edited by Dave Williams

Great news.  Thanks Dave.  Now, to make a USCG HH/MH-60J/T, one would just need decals and the radar nose, along with the internal USCG gear (rescue basket and bags, etc.). Hopefully Werner’s Wings will come through with these parts and decals.  Floyd, are you out there???

Edited by HeavyArty
On 1/23/2021 at 3:08 PM, juanchopancho said:

Any idea if KH has any realistic plans on making a HH-60J/T Coast Guard kit?

Floyd has said he plans on doing it now that the HH-60H is out and has the open exhausts included.  Check about 3/4 of the way down the page.

Figured I'd share my progress on a corrected operator station for the SH-60F.  It's not perfect, but the best I could figure out with my limited references.  It should look the part once the fuselage is closed up though.  Still haven't decided yet whether to attempt scratch building the dipping sonar. They flew plenty without it, so it's not absolutely required.

Gabe

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

5 minutes ago, HeavyArty said:

Those parts look awesome.  Any chance you are going to cast them up in resin before installing them?

Thanks!

There is.  They will probably be offered by a small resin company owned by a good friend of mine.  Will post an update to let everyone know once it's been confirmed.  I hope to have these ready to send to him within a couple weeks.

Gabe

Edited by Gabe Pincelli
2 hours ago, Gabe Pincelli said:

Figured I'd share my progress on a corrected operator station for the SH-60F.  It's not perfect, but the best I could figure out with my limited references.  It should look the part once the fuselage is closed up though.  Still haven't decided yet whether to attempt scratch building the dipping sonar. They flew plenty without it, so it's not absolutely required.

Gabe

IMG_3423.jpg

IMG_3425.jpg

IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3429.jpg

Looks great.   I hope I'm that friend

Floyd