Tamiya Sierra XR4i - Ready to roll out!

I generally find that if a car has polarizing styling, and a lot of people find it weird or ugly, then I’ll be on the other side of the fence. A perfect example is the Mustang SVO – I love ‘em! I also have a thing for bug-eyed EXPs and 4-door Vettes, so take that for what it’s worth!

One car I’ve always loved that fits in with these styling oddities is the Ford Sierra XR4i. We got them in North America as “Merkur XR4Ti”s, but they didn’t do very well. Still, I thought they looked awesome, and I haven’t changed my mind in the intervening decades.

No surprise then that I’ve wanted the Tamiya Sierra XR4i for a while! Well, I got one, and now I’ve got it done! I have to say, it was a bit of an uneven build; some parts were great, other features of the kit were less so. Still, it’s awesome to finally have one of these “aerodynamic frogs” on display!

Check it out here, and let me know what you think!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/cars/tamiya-1-24-ford-sierra-xr4i/

tamiya-sierra-120.jpg?w=425

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks, Roym. 

I was surprised to find how much these Tamiya Sierras are. I hope you can find an affordable Cossie! 

Best of luck!

I wish Tamiya would just reissue these Sierra kits, since they're reissuing a lot of other old stuff.