P-38F Color of Interior Canopy Frame

All,

I'm sure that the has been discussed previously, and maybe I myself have asked this before, but darned if I can find the answer I'm looking for...  I'm working on the Tamiya 1/48 P-38F/G, building the 'Miss Virginia' P-38F used during Operation Vengeance. I am leaving the cockpit open, and I have the Eduard TFace masking set, so the interior of all the canopy pieces are masked as well as the outside, so I can paint the interior frame a different color than the exterior.  I've variously read that that the interior canopy frame for these planes were black, but the majority of the models that I've seen seem to be painted in a variety of green, ranging from the cockpit interior green shade up to and including the olive drab exterior color.  I'm inclined to want to go with black, and something is gnawing in the back of my addled mind that an earlier answer to this question pointed to black, but guess I'm looking for some kind of confirmation.  Anyone? 

FWIW, there's a photo of the cockpit of unrestored Glacier Girl that clearly shows the interior frame(s) in the cockpit interior color (green). Also, while I know it's not a good idea to trust restorations, all the museum photos I can find show interior green canopy frames, except there are some with black frames around the windscreen center panel. The photos don't seem to be adequately identified to be able to tell if this was on earlier or later variants.

4 hours ago, seawinder said:

FWIW, there's a photo of the cockpit of unrestored Glacier Girl that clearly shows the interior frame(s) in the cockpit interior color (green). Also, while I know it's not a good idea to trust restorations, all the museum photos I can find show interior green canopy frames, except there are some with black frames around the windscreen center panel. The photos don't seem to be adequately identified to be able to tell if this was on earlier or later variants.

Thank you, sir.