5 hours ago, 11bee said:

Just noticed that I have become a moderator.   Don't get me wrong, 11Bee is flattered but isn't this kinda like having the inmate(s) running the asylum?  

Me too, though it doesn't look like I have any access to the moderator functions. Back when the system was going through that rough patch and had all those problems, I actually did get access to the mod menu items (along with everyone else, I think).

In any case, the little shield icon looks kinda cool. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

In any case, the little shield icon looks kinda cool. :thumbsup:

Every user icon in this thread has the shield icon.

In fact almost every user icon in every thread has the shield icon.    (except Darren Roberts.  Apparently he cannot be trusted lol.......)

5 hours ago, F-16 said:

According to Mike at Britmodeller, "Invision have just released a new version of the forum software..." Perhaps this is the reason for the new format?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

I figured there was some sort of update. I really hate updates. They usually try to fix things that were never broken in the first place. For instance, now when you "quote" a long piece of text, only part of it is displayed and there is a "Expand" link that you have to click to display the rest of the text.  I wonder what else they have "fixed".

P.S. I did software QA at a senior care company for years. Nothing more fun that going through EVERY function and procedure in a piece of software when they have provided an update to correct the spelling in one screen. Oh, we had to do our due diligence and make sure they didn't break anything. And guess what? Almost every time they did break something and usually something major. They would do stupid stuff. They would fix the spelling issue, but recompile with the wrong version libraries or other modules. ARRRRGGGHHH, makes me aggravated just thinking about it. :explode:

Yup...new update....I would choose NEVER to update and just keep the forum looking the same with the same old functions....but sometimes the updates contain security patches.  I will poke around and see if I can give it a bit of color and add the ARC logo to the top right corner when I get back.  This new look is the result of the latest update and not something I chose.

But this week my wife and I are heading out of town on a camping trip to a nice little lake.  She has some new bikinis she wants to show me.  :woot.gif:

13 hours ago, 11bee said:

Just noticed that I have become a moderator.   Don't get me wrong, 11Bee is flattered but isn't this kinda like having the inmate(s) running the asylum?  

Thanks for pointing that out...I think I have it sorted.  These updates do weird things.

8 hours ago, SBARC said:

Yup...new update....I would choose NEVER to update and just keep the forum looking the same with the same old functions....but sometimes the updates contain security patches.  I will poke around and see if I can give it a bit of color and add the ARC logo to the top right corner when I get back.  This new look is the result of the latest update and not something I chose.

But this week my wife and I are heading out of town on a camping trip to a nice little lake.  She has some new bikinis she wants to show me.  :woot.gif:

Feel free to share........😜

On 9/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, 11bee said:

And now it's gone!  So I can put on my resume that I was a ARC Forum moderator?  (Albeit, less than 24 hours).  🙃

3 minutes ago, Dutch said:

And now it's gone!  So I can put on my resume that I was a ARC Forum moderator?  (Albeit, less than 24 hours).  🙃

Sadness....  I'm pretty sure I would have used my newfound power for good, not evil purposes.  

12 hours ago, 11bee said:

Sadness....  I'm pretty sure I would have used my newfound power for good, not evil purposes.  

Guess we'll just have to wait for the next update. Seems that spreading the mod status is a common feature of the updates. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 8:33 AM, SBARC said:

Thanks for pointing that out...I think I have it sorted.  These updates do weird things.

Indeed !

Counting views above 1000 by 100.  Makes it hard to follow the progression.