6 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

It's apparent you don't follow the Steelers, or know what I'm referring to.

First, not a single player on the Steelers has taken a knee during the National Anthem this season (Yes, I know it's only two games in). Second, prior to the first game, the team decided to put the name of Antwon Rose on their helmets. During the game, Alejandro Villanueva taped over it and wrote the name Alwyn Cashe on his. As noted, you provided a link to this in your post. After doing more research and learning Rose had been involved in a drive by shooting prior to being killed, Maurkice Pouncey decided to put the name 'Eric Kelly' on his helmet for the second game. Eric Kelly was a Police Officer killed in the line of duty. 

It isn't a matter the Steelers organization 'allowed' them to do it, it is a matter the organization supported them after they did it. The Steelers also made it clear they would support any player that chose to do anything similar. 

I'm pretty sure none of them care what people on 'social media' think either. 

I assumed you were referring to the NFL as the organization, not the franchise.   And no, I have zero interest in the Steelers as a team.

Regardless, I stand behind my comments, as they pertain to professional sports in general. 

Yeah...not into it , at all and I've been a Pats fan all my life. Brady picked the perfect year to leave.

For me, it has everything to do with the politics they've brought into it, and the fact that they support an organization that has declared to end the United States...their words.
DirecTV must be feeling it too, just got a notice in the mail last week that I have the Sunday Ticket for FREE. Yeah, keep it. The only football I've seen is a Bills game (yup...coming from a Pats fan 😂) and that was up at the local pub and only to be social, because a friend asked that I come have a couple beers with her (she's a crazy azz Bills fan). They're just excited because they might have a shot at finally winning the AFC East. LOL. I could care if they win the Super Bowl. Same goes for baseball...glad the Sox came in last. Maybe they can go paint that on their  wall.

Edited by 82Whitey51
13 hours ago, 82Whitey51 said:

..., and the fact that they support an organization that has declared to end the United States...their words.

One guy said this and now it represents everyone associated?

16 minutes ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Yup...when the one guy heads the organization.

Agreed...and the way drew breeze was attacked sealed the deal for me.  My brother's wife is at a church right now filling food boxes for people who have nothing to eat.  These guys are in half empty stadiums playing a child's game for millions of dollars.  Nah man...can't do it anymore.

1 hour ago, 82Whitey51 said:

Yup...when the one guy heads the organization.

My bad-it was actually a woman who said it. And the "organization" has no head-it is member led.

1 hour ago, Napalmakita said:

Agreed...and the way drew breeze was attacked sealed the deal for me.  My brother's wife is at a church right now filling food boxes for people who have nothing to eat.  These guys are in half empty stadiums playing a child's game for millions of dollars.  Nah man...can't do it anymore.

Regarding Breeze - there is a bit of hypocrisy in crying that he was "attacked" for speaking his mind.   Go back and look at the vicious comments made when Kapernick first took a knee.   Look at what was said when other athletes spoke up.  As one personality on Fox stated - Just shut up and play.    Breeze speaks his mind and now he's a victim whose voice needs to be heard?  Can't have it both ways guys. 

I'm quite comfortable with athletes speaking up on issues in today's society. God knows we have enough of them.   That being said, what bothers me is when the leagues decide that one issue and one issue only is worth supporting and then go overboard with signs, uniforms, moments of silence, etc for this one issue.   Plenty of other worthy causes out there that deserve equal attention but they seem not to matter.   

IMO, this just reeks of a bad PR stunt. 

Here's a suggestion for those who are tired of the NFL's BS, watch the service academy games. You're guaranteed not see any of that BS the NFL is pushing. I record the games since I'm usually busy doing things around the house and then watch them on Sunday afternoon while working at my table.

And as always, Go Navy, Beat Army!

You're guaranteed not see any of that BS the NFL is pushing.“

Is that BS the exercising of personal rights and freedoms?  Is that the BS the NFL is pushing.

But you’re right, instead you can see a whole different flavor of stuff.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Remember, not everyone views the world through the same lenses.

yes, acting like they do, be like it is.  BS.  The Flag and SSB have a right way and a BS way to act during.  Like farting in church, spitting on a LEO, raping the horses, etc...

Edited by Bounce