CD72117 - 1/72 C-130 Hercules - Part 1

Sorry agian for the small words in above post. Hopefully you can figure it out. I hate so bad the restrictions on these post.   If anyone needs to know what it says let me know. Below is the badge for the 314th on the Banana Birds they were in black on the side of the plane.  

090923-F-JZ029-275.jpg

Also I think a question was asked about the color of the  panel at towards the top of the  tail.  It shows as natural metal. And on the Euro one scheme at least on my units planes the panel was just painted to match the color of the rest of the tail.  

741111.jpg

Edited by ARKHERKYLOAD

On last thing a request to Mr Kursad to please consider my units markings if you are including a Euro One schemed plane. Our units planes had the most colorful markings ever put on the euro one scheme. And we had one aircraft  with darker green paint scheme.  Of course i can send a disk with high res photos of all our planes.  Thanks for the consideration.   

scan0013.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 8:42 AM, Dutch said:

Ed Note:  ( I found the link to the Definitive 1/72 webpage for the C-130.) Though I doubt many, if any, will attempt such a kitbash. 

I notice that their listing of 1/72 C-130 decals doesn't bother to mention the  Royal Thai Air Force C-130 decals put out by JEAB & Siam Scale. 

Maybe one of these days I will scan them & put them up on Scalemates.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 8:57 AM, Quixote74 said:

FYI, if you want to pick one up the Bloodhound was reissued several times by Airfix as a standalone kit.  Authoritative sources indicate it is actually 1/76 scale.

Scalemates - Airfix Bristol Bloodhound

Thanks for the info. Did not know that. I see there is now another kit of the Bloodhound but it is a big one with an associated big price.

On 10/19/2020 at 11:08 PM, ReccePhreak said:

I notice that their listing of 1/72 C-130 decals doesn't bother to mention the  Royal Thai Air Force C-130 decals put out by JEAB & Siam Scale. 

Maybe one of these days I will scan them & put them up on Scalemates.

Larry

Larry, I wouldn't be too upset with the Definitive 1/72 Scale Index, as some pages have not been updated in years, several years. K/r, Dutch

7 hours ago, Dutch said:

Larry, I wouldn't be too upset with the Definitive 1/72 Scale Index, as some pages have not been updated in years, several years. K/r, Dutch

Indeed, the C-130 page was last updated in 2004 and the site in 2010 with a note of no further updates on the 'updates' page

57 minutes ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Indeed, the C-130 page was last updated in 2004 and the site in 2010 with a note of no further updates on the 'updates' page

I wasn't really concerned, since I don't use that site for references. However, most of the decals I mentioned were printed way before 2004.

I will continue to do research on my own, using Duck Duck Go, (or other search methods) instead of Google. :whistle:

• 1 month later...

Still working on the layout - I will finalize the list of options this week.

Folks, would you like to see the JC-130B 58-0750 on this sheet? This one has the comms "hump" on it and I am not sure about the availability of aftermarket parts for it. But I wanted to design artwork for this airframe since Grant posted a few very nice photos of it here at ARC some years ago; and I immediately saved them with the intention of making decals for it.

But that tail art takes a lot of space, so it is either that JC-130B on the sheet or a couple more TAC-era SEA-camouflaged Hercs with white tail codes. 

By the way, this first sheet will end up being a USAF-only sheet - it looks like I will do a USN/USMC/Coast Guard sheet later in the year.

Edited by KursadA

I believe the Vac Form "Comms" hump that Flightpath produced is still available if you want the JC-130B.

Just looking forward to seeing what options are on the USAF sheet,the fact you've said there will be a follow up sheet covering USN/USMC/USCG means I'll have to stock up for sure.

Kursad, If you are refering to the AN/ARD-17 radome on the JC-130B 58-0750 with the falling star logo on the tail, it is readily available in several forms.  Esci included it in their Hercules kit (both ANG/SpAF release and their RAF release), Airmodel (2 or 3x) & Falcon vacuform conversions, and in resin from Blackbird Models

Edited by Dutch
add links.
5 hours ago, Dutch said:

Kursad, If you are refering to the AN/ARD-17 radomeon the JC-130B 58-0750 with the falling star logo on the tail, it is readily available in several forms.  Esci included it in their Hercules kit (both ANG/SpAF release and their RAF release), Airmodel (2 or 3x) & Falcon vacuform conversions, and in resin from Blackbird Models

Anything currently on sale that is not on the second hand market though Dutch?