CD72117 - 1/72 C-130 Hercules - Part 1

8 hours ago, Dutch said:

Kursad, Any plans for including markings for early Roman nose C-130A or HC-130H/P/N with Fulton Recovery system?  K/r, Dutch

It's a good idea - I am out of space on the main (multi-color) sheet. If it is something that does not require any color markings (unit badge etc.) other than the common stuff included on the color sheet, we can easily add the serials/other markings to the black sheet.

Instruction sheet space is also low, so it will have to be something that is painted in one of the common paint schemes.

Edited by KursadA

My preference for C-130As are the ones in ANG service featuring standard SEA camo and MAC blue/yellow tail bands.  Other than generic black or white serials, perhaps ANG code letters it may fit.  The difficult part would be the Squadron / Group badges.  Maybe you could release a retro ANG sheet with C-130A/B/E/H?  

This sheet is really as retro as it gets - it starts with the silver MATS era C-130s and the newest options are Desert Storm-era Euro 1 camouflaged airframes. I feel I already covered a lot of the current/modern units with my ANG sheet. 

It is a big kit and a transport aircraft to boot, so I don't think there will be demand for multiple sheets. I see lots of HC-130P/H that can be added to the sheet simply by adding black serials, and it should be possible to add one or two C-130As as well.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, mungo1974 said:

Any updates on this one Kursad?

Almost done - although with the new batch of releases coming in a couple of weeks, and the remaining work on the FJ-3 designs I may not have the time to do profiles for a while. I am trying to release the C-130 sheet as part of the April batch.

12 options, a bit of everything - silver MAC/MATS, 1980s era SEA camouflaged and 1990s/Desert Storm Euro 1 camo aircraft, one Flying Tigers C-130 with sharkmouth, one C-130E in that short-lived desert camo, a JC-130B, overall ADC gray WC-130E; optional MAC/MATS/WEATHER/RESCUE markings for the tail band and a bunch of generic digits so Dutch (and anyone else for that matter) can build almost any ADC gray MAC aircraft with some effort. 

Edited by KursadA
1 hour ago, KursadA said:

one Flying Tigers C-130 with sharkmouth, 

Awesome that right there is what i was hoping to see,rather than waste a bunch of $$ on the Academy rebox of the Italeri kit just for a decal sheet I can buy yours and put the rest to yet another Zvezda Herk

7 hours ago, KursadA said:

Almost done - although with the new batch of releases coming in a couple of weeks, and the remaining work on the FJ-3 designs I may not have the time to do profiles for a while. I am trying to release the C-130 sheet as part of the April batch.

12 options, a bit of everything - silver MAC/MATS, 1980s era SEA camouflaged and 1990s/Desert Storm Euro 1 camo aircraft, one Flying Tigers C-130 with sharkmouth, one C-130E in that short-lived desert camo, a JC-130B, overall ADC gray WC-130E; optional MAC/MATS/WEATHER/RESCUE markings for the tail band and a bunch of generic digits so Dutch (and anyone else for that matter) can build almost any ADC gray MAC aircraft with some effort. 

Thanks Kursad!

12 hours ago, KursadA said:

SOLD and thank you very much for the WC.

Do you have a tail number, or would you like a list of tail numbers?

(366 is my favorite)

The WC-130E on the sheet is 64-0553. There is also a Fulton-equipped HC-130N (69-5827) and a LC-130D (57-0493) on the sheet, both of which were at International Air Tattoo 1979. I don't know how those IAT 79 badges will come out in 1/72, but they should look nice on the models.

This is what the main sheet will look like - obviously there is also a fairly comprehensive black/white sheet with all the serials and black markings, and another one with national insignia/US AIR FORCE markings.

cd72117draft.jpg

3 hours ago, JakubJakepilot said:

If it is not too late, you should change the Gulf war subject to another one. This one will be done from other manufacturer ... (as will be done 68-10935 Roger Rabbit). But, which one too choose, this is another story ...

Sorry, I don't really care about what other manufacturers do. I am confident that my customers will like my interpretation of said markings.

Edited by KursadA