CD72117 - 1/72 C-130 Hercules - Part 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, thegoodsgt said:

I can afford a dozen kits, but I can't afford the extra room and display cases to house them!

Great stuff, Kursad!

Steve, where there is a will, there is a way!  🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Kursad,

One slight correction to your USAF C-130 Decal sheet CD72117:

• HC-130N Hercules 59-5827 [should be 69-5827]

I have noticed that these are all early model Herks: B, D, E & N (modified E). Any plans for a second sheet with later model Herks?

K/r,

Dutch

Edited by Dutch
add detail.
3 hours ago, Dutch said:

Kursad,

One slight correction to your USAF C-130 Decal sheet CD72117:

• HC-130N Hercules 59-5827 [should be 69-5827]

I have noticed that these are all early model Herks: B, D, E & N (modified E). Any plans for a second sheet with later model Herks?

K/r,

Dutch

The markings on the sheet are still correct though, as an FYI: she became a MC-130P with the 9th SOS at Hurlburt Field, FL in 2006.

19 minutes ago, Da SWO said:

The markings on the sheet are still correct though, as an FYI: she became a MC-130P with the 9th SOS at Hurlburt Field, FL in 2006.

True, but the markings were completely different at that point.  Gunship gray scheme, n'est pas?

47 minutes ago, KursadA said:

It's a bit early to talk about a later model Herk sheet, although I am sure I will do it at some point. This first sheet needs to sell well first.

Fair enough!  I wasn't complaining, just curious.  I hope it does sell out quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Trojan Thunder said:

Got mine, great sheet, time to break out a C-130 kit or 3!

Brother Ray, Are you opening up Lockheed-Down Under?  As many Herks and Orions as you are pumping out, I'd say they owe you royalties!  K/r, Dutch

22 hours ago, Dutch said:

Brother Ray, Are you opening up Lockheed-Down Under?  As many Herks and Orions as you are pumping out, I'd say they owe you royalties!  K/r, Dutch

Dutch, you should have seen him drooling at lunch when I handed them over.🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Draggie748
On 6/30/2021 at 10:07 PM, Dutch said:

Yep, too many Lockheeds (P-3s and C-130s) and not enough display space!

On 7/1/2021 at 8:40 PM, Draggie748 said:

Dutch, you should have seen him drooling at lunch when I handed them over.🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣🏆

• 7 months later...

Let me start by saying great sheet, with great options. I love the C-130 sheets you have done in the past (Guard Herks is awesome), and look forward to planned and future C-130 sheets. I did notice something on this sheet for the 23rd Wing aircraft: decal 23 the ACC tail badge has Tactical Air Command in the scroll. As Air Combat Command was formed in 1992, and all C-130's were in ACC at the time. Is this an error? I have checked my references and have not found any 23rd Wing C-130's with TAC badges.

Best regards-

• 2 months later...