CD72117 - 1/72 C-130 Hercules - Part 1

On 4/12/2022 at 10:45 AM, Trojan Thunder said:

Kursad, I just dug out my sheet and 2 started C-130Es 😄

I went to the references page on your website (https://caracalmodels.com/references/cd72117/) for the extra top and bottom view instruction sheets and each link gives me a 404 error. Is it possible to fix the links?

Bump!

Error 404 - Not found

Your browser can't find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in.

Edited by Trojan Thunder
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 6:54 PM, KursadA said:

I designed this with a 1/144 version in mind, so you will definitely see a small scale version in the near future.

Kursad, I know that you are busy, but any thoughts on the 1/144 USAF C-130 Hercules release? Kind regards, Dutch

On 2/11/2022 at 1:00 PM, HERC164 said:

Let me start by saying great sheet, with great options. I love the C-130 sheets you have done in the past (Guard Herks is awesome), and look forward to planned and future C-130 sheets. I did notice something on this sheet for the 23rd Wing aircraft: decal 23 the ACC tail badge has Tactical Air Command in the scroll. As Air Combat Command was formed in 1992, and all C-130's were in ACC at the time. Is this an error? I have checked my references and have not found any 23rd Wing C-130's with TAC badges.

Best regards-

This does appear to be an error. The 23rd Wing did not have any C-130s assigned under TAC, it was an A-10 unit at England AFB Louisiana.  When TAC was reorganized into ACC, the 23rd relocated to Pope AFB North Carolina and adopted the former airlift C-130s there along with new F-16C/Ds. 

It's possible some C-130s kept their old markings for a while after the reorganization, but the subject aircraft has the newer "proud gray" overall FS36173 color scheme and its other markings are for the ACC era.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2023 at 11:56 AM, Trojan Thunder said:

Bump!

Error 404 - Not found

Your browser can't find the document corresponding to the URL you typed in.

Kursad, bumping this one again.

While the reference page exists the linked PDFs can't be found. Still after the top/bottom views for options 7 and 8, though all of them would be good for completeness

I regenerated the reference images here. There is nothing special in the top view of option 7 & 8 : the wing markings are largely similar to the standard high-visibility schemes of the period, similar to the LC-130.

On 1/21/2024 at 4:54 AM, KursadA said:

I regenerated the reference images here. There is nothing special in the top view of option 7 & 8 : the wing markings are largely similar to the standard high-visibility schemes of the period, similar to the LC-130.

Thanks, I have found them.

• 1 month later...