Japanese Modeler's Man-Cave

Stumbled upon this. 

This Japanese modeler's man-cave is something else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuiuxX5dHig

You can use the 'CC' & the 'Settings' button for auto-translation to English ( although the translation is not perfect and is a little weird at times).

Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJv3IatmwvE

Edited by JackMan
7 hours ago, JackMan said:

At 10:05 that connects with where that unless it is a game miniature I'm always afraid to pick up someone else's model; I didn't build it and don't know where its strong and weak points are. A lot of that goes as far back as late 1970s when a friend okayed me picking up his Tamiya Panzer 2 and even though I was a more prolific tank builder at the time, in picking up Tripp's tank I managed to break off 2 of the return rollers. 😞 Yes, that still bugs me all these decades later!

If I understood correctly, he has ~15,000 kits in his stash.  The build featured in the video took him ~one month to complete.

My math says, at one kit built per month, he should exhaust his stash in the year 3270.  :rolleyes:

I wonder if his stash is documented.  I also wonder how he decides what to build next.  I sometimes have that issue, even though my stash, which is large compared to most, is much smaller than his.

Stacey

On 9/13/2020 at 3:53 PM, southwestforests said:

At 10:05 that connects with where that unless it is a game miniature I'm always afraid to pick up someone else's model; I didn't build it and don't know where its strong and weak points are. A lot of that goes as far back as late 1970s when a friend okayed me picking up his Tamiya Panzer 2 and even though I was a more prolific tank builder at the time, in picking up Tripp's tank I managed to break off 2 of the return rollers. 😞 Yes, that still bugs me all these decades later!

As soon as I set my build down I tell/show the judges where how to pick it up for thais very reason.