T-33 wing tank inner surfaces

Am working on the T-33 in the first pic.  Was assuming the inner sides of the wing tanks would be black....then found another shot of a fellow T-33 in an earlier scheme (only one year earlier I believe), clearly with wing tanks overall gray.  

I included two more shots of T-33's from the same unit, one clearly showing the edge of black, the other I just don't see any.

Would love to get a more clear idea of which way I should do this.  If it helps, the first pic (my subject in its subject scheme) was taken in '81.  

So? Black or no black on the tanks?

My subject:

TF15VMU.jpg

Same unit with no black on the wing tanks:

2UqRYgG.jpg

Other
examples from same unit:

kBewBT0.jpg

0OJncrm.jpg

pt38jEJ.jpg

Edited by Andrew D. the Jolly Rogers guy
1 hour ago, KursadA said:

Another photo that shows the inner side of drop tanks - while it was common in other units, it looks like this unit had at least a few aircraft which had overall gray tip tanks.

36. 072-014 53-5944 T-33A VT ANG Burlington 10JUL81

Stunning shot Kursad!

I've got to ask you, what shade of green for the tail stripes? I must admit I'm having a tough time seeing them as anything but black, in fact was getting ready to do black/yellow stripes later this week....

On 9/14/2020 at 3:56 PM, KursadA said:

Another photo that shows the inner side of drop tanks - while it was common in other units, it looks like this unit had at least a few aircraft which had overall gray tip tanks.

Kursad, would you know of any Vermont T-33's in this scheme WITH black tank inner surfaces?

Well, I ordered insignia-shade-green decal stripes for the tail, after having done the rudder in yellow.  And, after all my panicking, freaking out and throwing of pocket lint, once I applied the green stripes to the yellow tail, the contrast between those two specific colors make the green look almost black anyway.  

That'll teach me....:doh:

• 3 weeks later...

It's Green for sure...colors of the State of Vermont are actually Green and Gold...but Yellow works as well. BTW, I commend your project to do all VTANG A/C in 1/72...I myself am doing the same in 1/48. If only someone(cough cough Caracal) would do a sheet in 1/48 and 1/72 of Vermont A/C, especially for the new F-35s that recently arrived as the first Air Guard unit to have the honor to get that jet.

Thank you! I look forward to seeing your projects.

My collection is now complete, except for a late-model F-16C.  The Wolfpak decals for the early C is not enough for the late C's, and darnit, the markings I need are available in 1/48!  

Other than that, it's all done.  Here they are....you can see the late T-33 (subject of this thread) on the back corner, next to the F-4D and behind the F-89D.

OtRkTrK.jpg

LdM5lvv.jpg

Q2NMC0i.jpg

zl7lfTK.jpg

zjxfhC3.jpg

s6kNvCU.jpg