1/35 USCG HH-60J - What would be needed from new KH 1/35 SH-60 Series?

On 9/17/2020 at 5:51 PM, ESzczesniak said:

Floyd,

I'm not amazing at 3D modeling, but I'm not bad and I have a crew of PLA and resin 3D printers for prototyping.  I'd be happy to help out with a USCG conversion set for nothing more than making one on my own in the process.  If I can be of help, PM me. 

Eric

PM sent

Floyd

22 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

This should help on the Nightsun.

nightsun-xp-ifco-3513_1b.jpg

And the TrakkaBeam A800 light.

https://pdf.aeroexpo.online/pdf/trakka-corp-pty-ltd/a800/172692-2709-_2.html

I have access and photos of the SX-16 already.  It is what we fly in the BPD and I made sure I got measurements on those before I left.

Floyd

Excellent news, count me in on a purchase.

Also I'd second the earlier comment about including Kodiak decal option, and/or Sitka station. At least with the USCG schemes being all pretty similar it can be relatively easy to provide wide range of alternative station options with swapping out the insignias, numbers, and station titles.

Sitka insignia:

70233843600649.jpg

It looks like Heli Scale Quality out of Germany is now offering a set of USCG HH-60J decals in all the common scales, including 1/35.  It has all the major markings, but no common stencils.  These will get you started, but I'm sure Floyd's set will be much more comprehensive.  I have used their other decal sets before and they are very nice.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Decals-Sikorsky-HH-60J-Jayhawk-US-Coast-Guard/184617286664?hash=item2afc0c3c08:g:B~IAAOSwEoRgCcGc

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by HeavyArty
On 1/26/2021 at 8:58 AM, HeavyArty said:

For the USCG Rescue Basket, it can be found as a 3D printed part at Flightline Engineering (flightlineengineering.com).  I have one on order and will let you know how it is once it arrives.  It looks good though.  I plan on using it in an HH-65C since I already did an MH-60J.  It was shown here at ARC a while ago:  

I received the 3D printed rescue basket today.  I looks amazing.

Presentation1.jpg

Their website doesn't say, but I have seen pics of it.  There is a CAD pic of it on Scalemates.

1201063-33840-26-pristine.jpg

Send them an email and they should be able to answer your question. 

http://www.flightlineengineering.com/

I will most likely modify this one to be folded.

Edited by HeavyArty
  • 1 month later...

I'm a little late to this party, but, we have a Trakka on one of our birds.  If you need info other than that link above, I can try and get it. 

That said, one of the Revell kits had a Trakka on the skid, I don't remember if it was an ADAC ec-145 or REGA kit.  One of those had it in 32nd.  No clue if that info helps.

Edit:  So I can't find the old kit pics from most sites, but, the current "Airbus E145 Police" kit has the Trakka on it.  32nd is pretty close on this item anyways.

Edited by BrittMac
10 hours ago, BrittMac said:

I'm a little late to this party, but, we have a Trakka on one of our birds.  If you need info other than that link above, I can try and get it. 

That said, one of the Revell kits had a Trakka on the skid, I don't remember if it was an ADAC ec-145 or REGA kit.  One of those had it in 32nd.  No clue if that info helps.

Edit:  So I can't find the old kit pics from most sites, but, the current "Airbus E145 Police" kit has the Trakka on it.  32nd is pretty close on this item anyways.

I'd take an and all photos and measurements.  

Floyd

On 3/17/2021 at 10:19 AM, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

I'd take an and all photos and measurements.  

Floyd

Glad they worked for you Floyd.  Feel free to shoot me one for my Jetranger kit when they come out (yeah it's 32nd, but, it'll do the job right?) 😉 

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, mfchi said:

Any news on the JayHawk set? Can’t wait to build my kit and my vote go to Clearwater I have the chance to visit the air station great memories

We are shooting to release the set at the IPMS/USA National Convention.  The decals are at the printers.  The resin parts are still being developed.

Floyd

59 minutes ago, Floyd S. Werner, Jr. said:

We are shooting to release the set at the IPMS/USA National Convention.  The decals are at the printers.  The resin parts are still being developed.

Floyd

Sounds good.  Anyway to order if you’re not going to the Nats?

Excellent news, hoped this was still in the works - count me in for a sale too.

Also hoping/assuming this will be a standard release and available to purchase direct after the nats for those not there (like me)? 

Can you reveal what air stations you ended up including for the decals?

2 minutes ago, ziggyfoos said:

Excellent news, hoped this was still in the works - count me in for a sale too.

Also hoping/assuming this will be a standard release and available to purchase direct after the nats for those not there (like me)? 

Can you reveal what air stations you ended up including for the decals?

Kodiak, Cape Cod, Elizabeth City, Clear Water, San Diego, Sitka, Traverse City and Astoria.  There are yellow birds as well as the red/orange and white as well.  Some of the aircraft from "The Guardian" are included.  Extra numbers both black and white are provided to do any tail number out there.  

Floyd

Great news and thank you for replying ; count me with a set even if I’m not attending the nationals hope there be a way to order, about the decals sound like there will be a very complete sheet May be a chance to see it in 1/48 just the decals?

5 hours ago, mfchi said:

Great news and thank you for replying ; count me with a set even if I’m not attending the nationals hope there be a way to order, about the decals sound like there will be a very complete sheet May be a chance to see it in 1/48 just the decals?

Doubtful.  Sorry

Floyd