Official color of AGM-86 ALCM

12 hours ago, Quixote74 said:

No, I didn't. You're looking for zebras when the horse has already been pointed out to you.

I'm sorry the late Mr. Wolfpak didn't quote chapter and verse of a T.O. but I have confidence in his research and the color schemes he describes are thoroughly consistent with the mockup I recall seeing at the USAF Armament Museum and every photo I have ever seen of the missiles (accounting for all the explanations I gave above for "but it looks browner/lighter/whatever in this picture!").

By all means, feel free to continue to stretch this thread another 3 pages with more circular discussion. But since the answer to the OP's question has already been provided, I'm done.

Well, thanks for your contributions then. For the rest I'm not too impressed by your unfriendly tone. You almost sound like the thread-police that decides when a thread discussion is done. I don't think this one is done, since we still have two different grays in the 1999 and 2015 photos.

Rob

In all the photos the ALCM’s look very much like 36270 to me. You have different lighting conditions on all photos, some in shadow and some not, however there is nothing to suggest to me that we are looking at different Greys.

3 hours ago, FlyingBrickyard said:

For whatever it may be worth at this point, there are no numbers here, but there's at least a good bit of up close reference:

Nice.   You want to place at a major IPMS show, scratch build one of these and put it in the bomb-bay of a 1/144 BUFF.  Maybe Academy will include one in their forthcoming kit.

13 hours ago, FlyingBrickyard said:

For whatever it may be worth at this point, there are no numbers here, but there's at least a good bit of up close reference:

Thanks, great video! I think the colors shown fit in the consensus so far: 36231 or 36270. It's a 2015 video, and fits in with the photos found so far from that time frame. But for me, it still leaves the question of the lighter color seen in the 1999 (Yugoslav-era) photos.

What I found especially interesting in the video are the missiles in the background! At 0:18, 0:42, 2:26 and 3:20 you can see a whole row of round-nosed AGM-86s, some with full markings, like the development missiles. I suppose they are for training, but I'm amazed that so many are left over. I made two screenshots:

agm86-12.jpg

agm86-13.jpg

Rob

Edited by Rob de Bie