Missing part...best way to get a replacement?

Hey guys!  So the carpet monster ate one of my parts (I think...I actually have no idea where the part went!) Its the HUD cradle from the 1/48 Hobbyboss YF-23, part D15.  

So I sent an email to Mackey Roebuck at MMD-Squadron to see about getting a replacement sprue.  Is this the best option or are any of you aware of something better?  I got his info off the the Hobbyboss USA distributors list.

Thanks

Honestly, I have not had to avail myself of HobbyBoss customer service, so I am only going to comment based on what I would do.  When I navigated to the HobbyBoss website, I found a "Spare Part Service" button, which, when clicked, takes you to a link to a 'joanna@trumpeter-china.com'.  Presumably, HobbyBoss is owned by Trumpeter?  I would try that route, provide the kit, sprue and part numbers, and see what they say.  It's my experience that the various manufacturers have a HUGE range of levels of service.  My experience with Tamiya Customer Service, for instance, has been fantastic, and put me in touch with a US local person, who has provided spare parts in a really fabulous manner, usually as quickly as possible.  I also recall having good experience with other manufacturers, just don't recall having deal with HobbyBoss. I'd try the address I mentioned, if it were me.

2 hours ago, Curt B said:

Honestly, I have not had to avail myself of HobbyBoss customer service, so I am only going to comment based on what I would do.  When I navigated to the HobbyBoss website, I found a "Spare Part Service" button, which, when clicked, takes you to a link to a 'joanna@trumpeter-china.com'.  Presumably, HobbyBoss is owned by Trumpeter?  I would try that route, provide the kit, sprue and part numbers, and see what they say.  It's my experience that the various manufacturers have a HUGE range of levels of service.  My experience with Tamiya Customer Service, for instance, has been fantastic, and put me in touch with a US local person, who has provided spare parts in a really fabulous manner, usually as quickly as possible.  I also recall having good experience with other manufacturers, just don't recall having deal with HobbyBoss. I'd try the address I mentioned, if it were me.

Good to know!  Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I cracked a F/A-18D canopy during polishing and contacted HobbyBoss.  Yeah it took a week to get a response, but all they needed was the kit# and the part ID.  I think I paid $10 for two of those sprues(extra one just in case it happened again).

A month later they arrived from China.

19 hours ago, Flynn_lives said:

I cracked a F/A-18D canopy during polishing and contacted HobbyBoss.  Yeah it took a week to get a response, but all they needed was the kit# and the part ID.  I think I paid $10 for two of those sprues(extra one just in case it happened again).

A month later they arrived from China.

Good to know, thanks!  I did get in touch with Joanna from the replacement parts link.  She replied and told me there are no sprues available at this time.  Not sure I'll be able to get what I need.  I might have to scratch build this piece.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to get a replacement from Dragon for Wing-Tech/Cyber-Hobby BF-109E3 I was building. A missing part and a huge bubble/occlusion right on the spar on the rudder. I opened a ticket with Dragon; then they said OK, send us the proof-of-purchase to forward@dragon-models.com --- email bounced because mailbox is full. I open another ticket, same response about the email, same bounceback. 

I'm not trying to "fix" the rudder without it looking terrible. 

Annoying.