Hey everyone,

I'm always way behind on anything that gets out to the masses, and I'm sure this is another one of those, but I just got a few of these really nice clear acrylic adjustable display stands  from a company named FlightPose.  I wanted to post this, in case others, like me, aren't aware of this company's products.  They make 3 different sizes of stands (actually, the sizes are just longer or shorter acrylic rods, which allow you to either pose your airplanes in flight at differing angles, or of airplanes at unusual angles, whether they have their landing gear down or not.  I just happen to find the design really cool, simple, but very adjustable.  I have nothing to do with the company, but like to pass on to others who may not be aware of neat stuff that's out there.  Take a look if you've not seen these before, you might like them!

I just opened all 3 (the 3 different sizes) yesterday, and put completed airplanes on them.  They are REALLY cool!  I can see how the stands would be useful for holding a model during construction/painting, but I'd be afraid that I would end up making a mess of the stand.  Maybe it's worth getting one large size one that would be a 'building/painting stand', and which would be devoted to that, and if it gets painted on or glue or whatever, no worries.  I'm going to ponder that.  I am impressed with how solidly the model is held in position with those rubber/latex/whatever ends upon which the model sits.

2 minutes ago, Curt B said:

I just opened all 3 (the 3 different sizes) yesterday, and put completed airplanes on them.  They are REALLY cool!  I can see how the stands would be useful for holding a model during construction/painting, but I'd be afraid that I would end up making a mess of the stand.  Maybe it's worth getting one large size one that would be a 'building/painting stand', and which would be devoted to that, and if it gets painted on or glue or whatever, no worries.  I'm going to ponder that.  I am impressed with how solidly the model is held in position with those rubber/latex/whatever ends upon which the model sits.

I don't do any in flight builds so keeping them pristine isn't an issue but when I'm doing painting I loosely place an old t-shirt or soft cloth over the stand and rest the plane on top.  I suppose you could wrap them in cling wrap too

5 hours ago, Napalmakita said:

I don't do any in flight builds so keeping them pristine isn't an issue but when I'm doing painting I loosely place an old t-shirt or soft cloth over the stand and rest the plane on top.  I suppose you could wrap them in cling wrap too

I haven't yet done an in-flight (wheels up, cockpit closed) version of any plane I've built yet, but I still love these stands.  I like the cling wrap option...though I don't think that would retain the slight 'stickiness' of the 3 points that the model actually rests on, which provides the confidence (to me, anyway) that the model is secure enough to leave in place, even at a pretty severe angle (nose up or down, or banking hard in either direction).

Edited by Curt B

What size would you recommend for mostly 1/72 decaling and assembly with the occasional 1/48 build?  I can't decide between 2.5" and 4" - 2.5" looks too small for 1/48, but 4" looks too big for 1/72.....

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Nate said:

What size would you recommend for mostly 1/72 decaling and assembly with the occasional 1/48 build?  I can't decide between 2.5" and 4" - 2.5" looks too small for 1/48, but 4" looks too big for 1/72.....

Thanks!

The base and circumference of the posts are the same, the size difference is just the height/length of the posts