How to post external hosted pictures?

43 minutes ago, serendip said:

Thanks, but then how come I want to sell my car or whatever on pretty much all sites worldwide I can easily upload pictures but it doesn't work here. Those sites surely are way more attractive for hackers than ARC is

Take that up with the people who run this board.  I was just sharing my memory of why they stopped allowing uploads of pictures.

Edited by Dave Williams
11 hours ago, serendip said:

And again I seem to be missing your point - nice picture though.

flicker, bottom has a share button like fakebook. clicked on share and followed the directions.  I suspect the other hosting sites are the same.

Good luck, took me awhile to figure it out.

I use Flickr:

[img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50611791326_de58eaba6e_c.jpg[/img]

Or, on the odd occasion that Flickr isn't working, I use Village.Photos:

def4d841-09f0-47f2-b74c-d7069f966113.jpg

How odd! Flickr has always worked. I've used it here before.

Chris

Edited by dogsbody
On 11/16/2020 at 6:44 PM, Billabob said:

This one? I know it's not a model but it is one from my flickr.

Hawk 02-1

Thanks, yep, see it now. 

At the risk of sounding like Fred Flintstone's granddad I don't use Flicker or Twitter and being coerced into using these because of limited functionalities of this site isn't something I want to do.

As I mentioned earlier if I want to sell something on regular mainstream sites I can upload pictures directly off my laptop - the logic escapes me why that would not be possible here on ARC.

Thanks for helping though.

Marc.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:42 PM, dogsbody said:

So, I have to use Flickr's SHARE option on this forum now.

Hurc paint 18bx

Chris

Thanks Chris, not sure if you concur with my little rant or not, but if you're using media (Flikker in this case) you'd rather not want to, and are just using to get your pictures posted, couldn't we all put a little friendly pressure on the dear folks that run this site - or is that simply not done (which motivates me all the more)?

Marc.

On 11/25/2020 at 11:32 AM, serendip said:

Thanks Chris, not sure if you concur with my little rant or not, but if you're using media (Flikker in this case) you'd rather not want to, and are just using to get your pictures posted, couldn't we all put a little friendly pressure on the dear folks that run this site - or is that simply not done (which motivates me all the more)?

Marc.

Oh, I don't mind using a hosting service at all. Even on forums where I can use the built-in service, I still usually use Flickr. Mostly because it's just habit now.

I'm too old the change now!

Chris

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

As much as some dislike photobucket, I still use it.  However For some time I have not been able to post photos here.  What's the trick to it?  I have no problems anywhere else.