Hase vs Hobby Boss 48th scale A-4

I can't speak to accuracy or the build experience.  But I went for the Hasegawa kits because the slats are separate.  They're molded in the up/retracted position on the HB kit, making it less than ideal for modeling a parked aircraft on the ramp, as most of our models tend to be. 

i've built the Hasegawa but not the Hobbyboss.  I was going to get the HB kit but after reading a few reviews stayed away and got more Hasegawa kits instead.  The Hasegawa A-4 is a nice kit.  My two gripes are the solid molded nose wheel and the step on the wing where the slats meet the wing surface.

Edited by okthree

If you want to do one in flight go directly with the HB kit.

Far easier to no try to fit the slats back into the wing.

Likewise numerous users of scooters hard wired the slats closed ie Blue Angels for controllability in formation and low level.

Its nice having a scooter with a slat retracted wing its far far easier than fixing a Hasegawa wing to do that.

It also goes together way better than the Hasegawa kit..

Edited by dehowie
12 hours ago, dehowie said:

If you want to do one in flight go directly with the HB kit.

Far easier to no try to fit the slats back into the wing.

Likewise numerous users of scooters hard wired the slats closed ie Blue Angels for controllability in formation and low level.

Its nice having a scooter with a slat retracted wing its far far easier than fixing a Hasegawa wing to do that.

It also goes together way better than the Hasegawa kit..

Interesting thanks👍