Quinta Studios 3D Cockpits - Gloss Coat?

These things are decals, but not totally like decals.  Does anyone have experience yet to comment if applying to a glossy surface is necessary for good adhesion like regular decals?  The instructions don't mention gloss or not, but recommend using PVA to improve adhesion.  So not sure what to think for the gloss coat. 

I would roughen a shiny surface a little so that it adheres better. If that doesn't work mechanically (sandstick or -paper), also with some primer or something. (although to be honest, it is not so clear to me where you have high-gloss surfaces in the cockpit ...)

I also attached a part (MiG-29 1/48) with superglue, of course that works too, but you have to be very careful.

From my limited experience, for small parts that are conforming or need to be bent I used a slower drying CA as recommended by Alexander. The non fogging gel type tends to be slower. The vinyl is elastic”bouncy” so I anchor the parts to where I want them to go with pinpricks of the glue and with the few seconds of time I have I manipulate/hold down the parts as necessary with tweezers. Yes the parts are fragile (I learned the hard way) so gentle grip with the tweezers. 

konbini

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/21/2020 at 11:43 PM, konbini said:

From my limited experience, for small parts that are conforming or need to be bent I used a slower drying CA as recommended by Alexander. The non fogging gel type tends to be slower. The vinyl is elastic”bouncy” so I anchor the parts to where I want them to go with pinpricks of the glue and with the few seconds of time I have I manipulate/hold down the parts as necessary with tweezers. Yes the parts are fragile (I learned the hard way) so gentle grip with the tweezers. 

konbini

Slower drying CA?

Who makes that?