Classic two-holer Flagon from Pioneer2 OOB!

It should come as no surprise to many reading this that I love obscure subject matter. From Gundams that almost no one has heard of to four-door vettes and planes that can barely get out of their own way, the odder it is, the better I like it. I also have a thing for two-seater variants of normally single-pilot aircraft.

One of the lesser-known Russian planes of the Cold War is the Su-15 Flagon, despite its apparent penchant for shooting down airliners! As a typical “fast-and-pointy” ‘60s-era interceptor, it’s not really something I have a particular love for. However, if you talk to me about the trainer variant, then you have my attention!

Well, Pioneer2 from Turkey did just that, and I couldn’t resist picking up one of their Su-15UM Flagon G kits years and years ago. I decided it was time to get it out of the stack and see what I was in for. Check out this very “workmanlike” (to be kind) kit out-of-box at the link below, and remember that I’m doing this so you don’t have to!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/model-kits/out-of-box-reviews/1-72-pioneer2-su-21g-flagon-oob/

su-21u-oob-001.jpg?w=450

Edited by Faust
  • Faust changed the title to Classic two-holer Flagon from Pioneer2 OOB!

Oops! 

You would not believe (or, maybe you would!) the number of times I've mispelled "Flagon" in the last while! I'm amazed that was the only one that got through. Maybe it wasn't? 

Oh well, to be honest, it's not that far from a wooden outhouse...