Eduard 1/48 Adlerangriff

Hey All,

A question, for anyone who may know.  I know that the new Eduard Adlerangriff (in both 1/32 and 1/48) are very recently released, and I placed my order for the 1/48 kit just yesterday.  One of the reasons I decided to order the kit was the Flory review (also just posted yesterday), where Phil says he thinks that the Bf-109Es in the kit are the best he's ever seen in terms of detail.  It occurred to me that I already have a 1/48 Eduard Bf-109E-3 in my stash, and I wonder if the Alderangriff is newer or different molding than the E-3 I have, or is it the same molding, just with different decals.  I realize that the Adlerangriff kit may be too new for anyone to have been able to do the kind of comparison I'm asking about, and, frankly, I'm fine with having a kit that will allow me to build any number of Bf-109E-1, -2, -3, or -4s in Battle of Britain era livery, but I was just curious if anyone had any insight about this new kit.

I do have to say that I'm thrilled to have both the Bf-109 and Spitfire kits that cover the BoB markings for the most iconic of the BoB aircraft on both sides of the conflict.

Edited by Curt B
On 9/25/2020 at 4:41 AM, is it windy yet? said:

I do not have the new boxing of the kit so this is just my understanding from looking at the sprue pictures.  My conclusion is that it is the same tooling as my copy of the existing tooling, just with markings and parts for all BoB 109’s. 

That's what I expected, honestly.  The fact that Eduard didn't include any advertising about the new boxing as including new tooling should make my question moot. However, that's not a bad thing, given the details that I can see on the Eduard Bf 109E-3 model that I already have in my hands.  I am probably Eduard's ideal customer, given that I'm inclined to purchase whatever they have that's new, based on my experience with their kits thus far.  All I know is that the Eduard airplanes I've built so far have all been impressive in fit and engineering, though I don't know enough about any aircraft to be able to say anything about accuracy, sizes, details.  

Edited by Curt B