Anyone with info on when GWH 1/48 Mig-29 kits will be readily available ANYWHERE again?

These kits even seem to be getting a little scarce from eBay sellers in China (only 26 Chinese listings today).  I had seen on one of the Hong Kong or Japanese Internet hobby shops that GWH had them scheduled for re-release in September, which is just about over.

Gordon Kwan:  I don't know where you get GWH kits for Spruebrothers, but have you heard anything?

Edited the title because I checked and the48ers.com only have two of the special issue Mig-29s in stock.

Edited by Bill Moran
  • Bill Moran changed the title to Anyone with info on when GWH 1/48 Mig-29 kits will be readily available ANYWHERE again?

That one, the Slovak special, and the Luftwaffe special release are the only ones that I can find at any regular hobby retailer.  Spruebrothers.com hasn't had a restock of the Mig-29s since I've been looking.  The GWH kits that are somewhat readily available are the F-15s, F-80s, WWII kits (some) and some of the SU-35 kits.  All of those aircraft except for the WWII aircraft are kitted by other companies so the distributors have probably maintained some stock even through the COVID shutdown(s).  There are no other 1/48 Mig-29s of comparable quality to the GWH kits.  At least we know GWH is still producing kits since they just released the SU-27UB.  Hopefully they will pop out some of the Mig-29s before they start molding their next new kit.  I was just someone had heard something from either GWH (not likely) or one of their distributors around the world.

It is a good question, because I have seen the same issue with the major shops for some time now - especially the usual Hong Kong ones that I would normally rely on for GWH kits. The ones I'm looking for are L4813 (the original 9-13 boxing) and L4818 (MiG-29SMT). Amazingly, someone told me he may have seen one of these two at my local hobby shop - so I guess I will be heading over there soon to see if he actually saw what he thought he saw.