FW190D-9 Dora Wing Cannon Covers

Hi All,

Though I've searched, I haven't been able to find a solid answer.  I'm getting close to the end of my 1/48 Eduard Dora build, and I am going to display the airplane with both left and right wing cannon covers open.  I have not been able to determine the following 2 details.  First, were these covers hinged, such that they swung up, and when fully open were they essentially 'propped up' against the side of fuselage?  If not, were these covers fully removed and set aside?  Secondly, If the covers WERE hinged, were they propped up/held open with manual prop rods, and if this was the case, where exactly were those rods located when in use?

And, as long as I'm asking Dora questions, I have seen statements that say that the antenna wire from the tail to the movable canopy becomes relaxed when the canopy is open, while others say that the wire is maintained in tension even when the canopy is open.  Is there any definitive knowledge, or perhaps better, photos, which clearly shows which way other other is true?

Again, I hate to ask questions like these here in ArcAir, but I simply have not been able to find an answer while searching thus far.  

Edited by Curt B