1/72 MiG 29 SMT Zvzeda, or Trumpeter ?

Hello to all, I would like to mount a MiG 29 at 1/72 the SMT version, the GWH kit at 18 is still too expensive for me. I hesitate between the Zvezda and the Trumpeter, what are their differences, which one is the "best" knowing that I am looking for a simple kit to assemble, detailed with a lot of parts. Thanks for your help.

In general, Zvezda is known for producing accurate kits. After all, it is a Russian company!

Now, about an SMT.... you have to find and read reviews to see if Trumpeter has managed to produce a more accurate version or, if some parts from the specific version are more accurate than those found in the Zvezda kit and vice versa.

Zvezda's kit is more accurate, especially with regard to the humps over the tops of the engines. These look too skinny on the Trumpeter kit. Trumpeter's smaller details look more crisp, though.

Both kits are pretty easy to build, with Trumpeter maybe a touch better engineered.

What RKic said. Trumpeter has better surface detail (panel lines and rivets). The hump cross section I read somewhere it was kinda off. They didn't include the bigger centerline fuel tank used on the SMT. They also failed at math with some of the weapon sprues and they only include a single Kh-31 and only 2 R-73 missiles.

Zvezda is more accurate and has a better selection and matching number of weapons.