MH-60 carrying a rubber boat

Yep, that helo was called banshee and it's part of the Irene decal sheet. As far as the time period, I would say late 80's to early 90's.

I'd post pics of the decal sheet, but with this new forum, I haven't figured out the way to upload pics from Flickr using a android mobile phone.

Tim

From the decal sheet: MH-60L, 92-26412, "Banshee".  Based on the serial number, it was built in '92, so I am guessing mid-late '90s.  It is pre plume detectors, when were they added?

Edited by HeavyArty

Heavyarty...

A small correction: in this case "92" means it was contracted for and bought with FY '92 funds, typically the aircraft would be built the following year, depending on the manufacturer's production backlog.

Edited by JohnEB
18 minutes ago, DuaneH said:

2 of the 160th MH-60M's with them. Same attach points as seen in the HH-60G shot

Very nice.  That is in Tampa, FL on the harbor at SOFIC (Special Operations Forces Industry Conference) a couple years ago.  

Hey-

Interesting, I didn't know they attached it to the FRIES bars.  The Navy does this also with the MH-60S, but they do attach it to the cargo hook.  Hit the cargo release and away it goes.  Except a few years ago, an aircrewman snagged his gunners belt on the manual cargo release lever and they dropped a boat in San Diego bay!  Oops!

Regards,

Phil

21 hours ago, HeavyArty said:

Very nice.  That is in Tampa, FL on the harbor at SOFIC (Special Operations Forces Industry Conference) a couple years ago.  

It is. 2018. Was looking forward to this year's. Would like to see an MH-47 do some amphibious stuff one year though. I seem to recall one taking part years back. 

13 hours ago, Par429 said:

Hey-

Interesting, I didn't know they attached it to the FRIES bars.  The Navy does this also with the MH-60S, but they do attach it to the cargo hook.  Hit the cargo release and away it goes.  Except a few years ago, an aircrewman snagged his gunners belt on the manual cargo release lever and they dropped a boat in San Diego bay!  Oops!

Regards,

Phil

To be honest, I'd never noticed it until it was more obvious in the Pavehawk shot.