Anyone familiar with the movie "High Road to China" ?

and their biplanes?  what model would I get?  I'm not seeing the versions with the raised fuselage/head rest behind cockpit..

belgian stampes  sv-4...I'm reading on wiki...

720full-high-road-to-china--------------

vlcsnap2011063009h36m13.8157.jpg

thanks for any help

Edited by Bounce

There is the Heller 1:50 kit. I thought about making the Stampe SV-4 from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, but that required a bit too much scratch building. There is apparently a 1/72 Azur kit, but these biplane trainers are already so small in 1/48 scale...

Totally off-topic story about this movie.  I saw it in the theater with my then-recently-divorced uncle (his third marriage had recently imploded after barely a month.)  In one scene, the female lead pretends to be injured in order to trick the male lead into professing his love for her, then smiles and says "gotcha!"  My uncle shouted (in a crowded theater) "<expletive> women always gotta play their <expletive> head games!"  I slunk down in my seat and pretended not to know him.. 😆

(postscript - he eventually found the right woman, wife number five.  They were together for some 15 years before he passed away a couple years ago.)

SN

Edited by Steve N

In the early 90s I was part of a group that almost bought the SV-4 from the movie.  It was in parts in a barn in western North Carolina.  The deal never went through as the owner wanted a bit much for what amounted to a barn full of parts but I always thought it would have been great to own that airplane (or at least 1/3 of it).  Loved the film.