Used model 'find' in Savannah, GA area

Over the last 6 months, I have been visiting a used bookstore in Richmond Hill, GA which is also selling off a very large collection of plastic models.  David, the owner, purchased them from an estate in Florida.  I believe that there are thousands, but he typically has 200-300 in the store at one time, and is constantly refreshing the stock.  The majority are aircraft kits from the 1970's, 80's and 90's.  Mostly American and European manufacturers, fewer Japanese.  Some are still shrink-wrapped, most are in decent condition.   No fixed prices, you will negotiate with the owner.  I have found him to be very reasonable.  I buy a couple every time I go (monthly or so).

It's definitely worth a stop if you are in Coastal Georgia/Northern Florida, or are coming through the area on Interstate 95.

The Bookstore on the Hill, 2481 US-17, Richmond Hill, GA 31324 (look it up on google maps).

Current hours are 12-6 Tues-Sat, but you might want to check before making a special trip.

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet! Im heading down to Savannah for a few days tomorrow. I was disappointed that no hobby shops came up during my google search. So I came here and your post is at the top of the list! 

This is serendipitous!

9 hours ago, Rusty_M said:

I believe that they are closed Sunday and Monday,  but you may want to call and confirm. 

I'll be in town through Thursday. Any other shops in Eastern GA that might be worth looking at?

• 1 month later...