Battle of the planets Gatchaman G-1 kit size?

Hi,

how big is a Gathaman G-1 kit with pull up motor?

Same kit was probably sold under Sunny, Entex, Bandai, Sea Horse and more brands.

Please can someone take a photo comparsion of the space ship compared to 1/72 jet fighters. F-16, F-5, MiG-21, F-15 etc.

This is kit which i looking for. Some reboxes were molded with white fuselage:

n321147224.3.jpg

Thanks,

Edited by 172flogger
  • 172flogger changed the title to Battle of the planets Gatchaman G-1 kit size?
On 10/6/2020 at 6:23 PM, 172flogger said:

Hi,

how big is a Gathaman G-1 kit with pull up motor?

Same kit was probably sold under Sunny, Entex, Bandai, Sea Horse and more brands.

Please can someone take a photo comparsion of the space ship compared to 1/72 jet fighters. F-16, F-5, MiG-21, F-15 etc.

This is kit which i looking for. Some reboxes were molded with white fuselage:

n321147224.3.jpg

Thanks,

Afraid my copy of this one is too deep in the stash for a photo shoot at the moment, but the overall length and span are probably most comparable to the F-15 (out of those types you named). I'll try to get photos or measurements as soon as I have time.

The actual "scale" of the kit is rather questionable: the pilot figure provided is probably no larger than 1/100, but based on my impression from the series the airframe is potentially a bit larger than 1/72 (recalling amongst other things that it "transmuted" from a Cessna or similar!).

If this kit is of interest, you might also appreciate this news:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235081124-im-going-to-die-a-happy-man/