Werner's Wings new 1/35 H-60 Update/Conversion sets

You can see Werner's Wings new H-60 Update/Conversion sets designed for the Kitty Hawk kits at the below link.  I don't know why, but the system will not allow the link to be added to this post.

Edited by HeavyArty

The MH-60A/L Op Gothic Serpent Backdate Set (35-21) will give you what you need for an OGS SOAR Black Hawk.  For extra interior details, you can also add the H-60 Update Set (35-20) as well, but it is not required.

Hi, I think you also need Sponson R and Sponson L from 35-27 set to use it for shorter/narrower A version sponsons, correct ? As the external difference between A and L is just the width of the sponsons ? Is there any other external difference like different panels/exhausts etc ? 

Thanks !

EDIT: I was doing (mostly for myself) guide of how to make Gulf war MH-60A/L and MH-60A DAP/L DAP. It is HERE.

I used the Floyd´s guide + all the info I collected here. Hope it is somehow correct. As there are nearly no pics for Gulf war MH-60s, I don´t know if the DAPs there were As or Ls, as you can not tell from the pics available (too blurry, from too far). 

Edited by JakubJakepilot
14 hours ago, JakubJakepilot said:

Hi, I think you also need Sponson R and Sponson L from 35-27 set to use it for shorter/narrower A version sponsons, correct ? As the external difference between A and L is just the width of the sponsons ? Is there any other external difference like different panels/exhausts etc ? 

Yes, you would also need the narrow sponsons for an MH-60A.  You do have a few options for them.  You could get them from the 35-27 set, use a pair from an Academy Black Hawk, or cut/narrow/sand down the Kitty Hawk parts.  Other than the step sponsons, there are no other external differences between an A and an L model.

Edited by HeavyArty

Gino, thanks for the confirmation !! One more thing. I guess, over the years, the various helos, H-60s included, got some external stiffening plates and bars. Is there any chance to find out when which plates were added where ?

HeavyArty here removed some for his 93 OGS build. Any more to remove for 1991-era birds ? Thanks !

IMG_1524.JPG

If you remove the same ones I did, you will be good.  Basically remove the large transmission access panel on the lower right side of the fuselage behind/below the rotor, and all the ones on the tailboom.

Edited by HeavyArty
On 10/13/2020 at 2:06 PM, HeavyArty said:

If you remove the same ones I did, you will be good.  Basically remove the large transmission access panel on the lower right side of the fuselage behind/below the rotor, and all the ones on the tailboom.

GREAT, thanks for the info !!! Will add it to my guide ...

On 10/9/2020 at 8:29 PM, juanchopancho said:

I'm confused. For OGS MH-60A which sets do we need for the KH MH-60?

35-21 MH-60A/L

&

35-27 UH-60A/L

?

In a word, yes.  That is what you'll need in addition to the 7 bolt wheels and the 35-20 H-60 Upgrade.  I tried to make it logical parts breakdowns.    

Floyd

• 1 month later...
On 10/14/2020 at 6:27 AM, MHRD said:

Also, what timeframe were the 14-bolt wheels installed?  

If I remember correctly, the order mandating the change of the rims was in 96 or early 97. I remember changing them out, but I dont remember if it was a simple Modification Work Order (MWO) or an Aviation Safety Action Message (ASAM). Why does that matter?  ASAMs are more urgent and immediate, where as MWOs are implemented as soon as convenient, which would narrow or expand the timeframe for the new 14 bolt rims across the fleet.  I think it's safe to say anything after Y2K day will most likely have 14 bolt rims. HTH

-Ramon