What is this on the nose of a B-25

Working on this particular airplane and this picture shows what seems to be a tube running from just behind the nose glazing back to about the front wheel well.  At the rear of the tube there is a bulge in the in the skin of the plane that the tube kind of wraps over.  Any idea what this was?  Would a piece of tubing correctly represent this?  Thanks for any help.

Geoff M

IMG_0096.jpg

I checked my B-25 kit, which is the most current issue of the Monogram model and that part is in there. The instructions don't say what it is, but I'm still sure it's a gun gas extractor. You also asked about the strike camera- that's included as a new part as well. I know it's not the photos that you want, but I figured I'd mention that it's in there.

I think the new parts, at least the gun gas extractor, first appeared on the Promodeler release of the Monogram kit, which was a glass nose J that had been field modified for strafing with extra .50 cals in the nose greenhouse.  I believe they added the part to the sprue, and it’s been in all subsequent releases that used the same sprue.  It’s part 103 on page 16/20 of these instructions.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/3/4/1/266341-87-instructions.pdf

It should be on the sprue with the interior parts, bombs, and landing gear legs.

The strike camera is parts 120 and 121.

Edited by Dave Williams