kittyhawk su 30 sm russian navy

wrong ! shame is nice kit ! really the cockpit missing ! the gear legs struts need to be cleaning ! the decals i don't know how corrected are but i hope begemot will do some good one and quinta will print the corrected cockpit which will increase the cost ! it should'nt be like that if you consider the already high cost of the kit 

It looks like the first picture agrees with the KH paint guide with light blue bottom side. Is the multicolor bottom in the second picture a new or current scheme and the single tone bottom an older scheme?

50 minutes ago, Gary F said:

It looks like the first picture agrees with the KH paint guide with light blue bottom side. Is the multicolor bottom in the second picture a new or current scheme and the single tone bottom an older scheme?

All Navy Su-30SMs have three tone bottom camo.

Here's a photo of 45 where you can clearly see it's not uniform blue.

https://russianplanes.net/id240244

19 hours ago, Gary F said:

Look closer.  That first picture does in fact have the same three tone camo as the other.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 10:03 PM, legend1 said:

wrong ! shame is nice kit ! really the cockpit missing ! the gear legs struts need to be cleaning ! the decals i don't know how corrected are but i hope begemot will do some good one and quinta will print the corrected cockpit which will increase the cost ! it should'nt be like that if you consider the already high cost of the kit 

I thought this comes with the Su-30SM cockpit? The kit review on Flory Models showed that it had the MFD screens. Unless those are for a different Su-30 version?

6 hours ago, Sysxii said:

I thought this comes with the Su-30SM cockpit? The kit review on Flory Models showed that it had the MFD screens. Unless those are for a different Su-30 version?

Yep, different versions. It shows Su-30MKk/MK2/MKV type MFD screens shown here on the bottom two, it's supposed to have the top two. 

tGuqsAX.jpg

3 hours ago, signals said:

Could this easily be made into a MKI version as well?

Yes, with the right cockpit. The MKI has the same layout as the SM.

10 hours ago, paulsbrown said:

Yep, different versions. It shows Su-30MKk/MK2/MKV type MFD screens shown here on the bottom two, it's supposed to have the top two. 

tGuqsAX.jpg

Yes, with the right cockpit. The MKI has the same layout as the SM.

Thank you!

the problem is not only the two dashboard but the side consoles as well are different in the su 30 SM  ! i gave up on kittyhawk one things is if you get a resonable cockpit and you can make it better or buy aftermarket ! other thing is not in the box at all ! and i have seen some review where they praised this kit but they try to hide the cockpit problem with easy fix mode ! after you spent lot for the kit buy this if you want finish the kit ! absolutley poor advice!

1 hour ago, legend1 said:

the problem is not only the two dashboard but the side consoles as well are different in the su 30 SM  ! i gave up on kittyhawk one things is if you get a resonable cockpit and you can make it better or buy aftermarket ! other thing is not in the box at all ! and i have seen some review where they praised this kit but they try to hide the cockpit problem with easy fix mode ! after you spent lot for the kit buy this if you want finish the kit ! absolutley poor advice!

You are correct on this sir. They always seem to excel in some areas but then fall flat in others. I really enjoyed their Su-34 kit but in some parts all I thought was "Dude, really?" Hopefully Quinta makes the correct cockpit set for this kit. 

Also in reference to your notes on the underside 3 tone came pattern found on the naval Su-30SMs, russianplanes.net has great photos of the Su-30SM, including ones that show the unique undersides of the naval SMs.

3 hours ago, Sysxii said:

You are correct on this sir. They always seem to excel in some areas but then fall flat in others. I really enjoyed their Su-34 kit but in some parts all I thought was "Dude, really?" Hopefully Quinta makes the correct cockpit set for this kit. 

Also in reference to your notes on the underside 3 tone came pattern found on the naval Su-30SMs, russianplanes.net has great photos of the Su-30SM, including ones that show the unique undersides of the naval SMs.

👍