Caught what I think is one of the Presidential airplanes over our town!

2 hours ago, Gator52 said:

Nice catch, looks like a C-32. 

Chris

Thanks! I don't know current transports at all. Am not even sure what make and model aircraft the AF1 and AF2 aircraft are these days.

Played in Google and found, https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/104518/c-32/

Mission
The C-32 provides safe, comfortable and reliable transportation for U.S. leaders to locations around the world. The primary customers are the vice president, using the distinctive call sign "Air Force Two," the first lady, and members of the Cabinet and Congress.

Features
The C-32 is a specially configured version of the Boeing 757-200 commercial intercontinental airliner. The C-32 body is identical to that of the Boeing 757-200, but has different interior furnishings and 21st century avionics. The passenger cabin is divided into four sections:

As small as our county seat farm burg is I was home and on Flight Radar 24 in about 8 minutes after taking photo while out doing errands.

Nothing, nothing, on FR24 in our immediate area, just a big hole in the airplane icons.

Even a jetliner doesn't go overly far in 7 to 10 minutes.

Especially at that probably 1000 to 2000 foot altitude.
"Fascinating" as that fellow with the pointy ears sometimes said.

My defective body has been going rogue, again, yesterday and today and I was really bummed out, 

but that bit of airplane spotting sure has brightened the day! 😁

my elderly Dad was a Navy pilot for a while so I had to send him the picture.😄

Edited by southwestforests
1 hour ago, southwestforests said:

Thanks! I don't know current transports at all. Am not even sure what make and model aircraft the AF1 and AF2 aircraft are these days.

AF1 (or Marine1, or Navy1) is whatever the President is riding in.  If for some reason he was flying in a T-41 (Cessna 172), that airplane would be AF1.  Same with AF2 and the VP.  

The name is usually associated with the VC-25 (747), or another of the executive transports like the C-32 out of Andrews AFB though.

17 minutes ago, Joe Hegedus said:

The name is usually associated with the VC-25 (747), or another of the executive transports like the C-32 out of Andrews AFB though.

In between I found this which supports that sort of "both and" thing about the names, https://www.whitehouse.gov/about-the-white-house/air-force-one/

Technically, Air Force One is used to describe any Air Force aircraft carrying the President — but since the middle of the 20th century, it has been standard practice to refer to specific planes that are equipped to transport the Commander-in-Chief. Today, this name refers to one of two highly customized Boeing 747-200B series aircraft, which carry the tail codes 28000 and 29000. The Air Force designation for the aircraft is VC-25A.

Just now, Da SWO said:

Nice photo's cell phone or camera?

Camera, a two year old Canon Powershot SX170IS, I think.
Am certain the SX170 part is correct.

It is at other end of house currently & I'm quite content with 11 year old cat curled up here with me.

Dark spot on uncropped image is something which has gotten down in the multiple layers of retracting lenses.

Has to be sent in to be dealt with since I don't know how and can't find how to dismantle the body and lens.

I have no interest in sending the camera anywhere.